Question regarding tempo and step sequencer (FL studio)

OntheComeUp

OntheComeUp
Alright hopefully you guys understand my question. I have a sample and I have two chops made from it through Edison. I dragged them into the step sequencer to play. One is in pattern 1 the other in pattern 2. Here is where the problem comes in. The pattern 1 chop loops perfectly at 128 tempo but the other chop in pattern 2 loops perfectly at a different tempo which is like 155 I think. But when I change the 2nd chop/pattern to its correct tempo the overall tempo changes. So how do I get each pattern to have its own correct tempo so that they play and loop perfectly without effecting the overall project?

im guessing you didn't chop it on the proper beats in the original sample. you mightve chopped out 3 bars instead of 4 etc.

double click the chop, the channel settings will pop up, right click the knob that says time, and just click 4 bars or 2 bars or whatever the length is you should already know that, doing that will change the pitch I sometimes like the new pitch but if you dont then just click where it says resample and pick pro default, that will return the sample to its original pitch

im guessing you didn't chop it on the proper beats in the original sample. you mightve chopped out 3 bars instead of 4 etc.

I don't know anything about chopping on bars. What's that about? I know what bars are I play instruments and know music theory but all I did was chop in edison. How do bars relate to chopping?

and I gave you one didnt you even read

Dumbass your answer had nothing to do with what I asked. That answer only helps for lining up the drums with the sample not fixing my chops problem. If you don't have experience DON'T respond. Stop trying to flex with unrelated knowledge.

I don't know anything about chopping on bars. What's that about? I know what bars are I play instruments and know music theory but all I did was chop in edison. How do bars relate to chopping?
well this does sound sarcastic, but i'm gonna assume it's not. chopping 2 or 4 bar loops and then doing what SourceOfTheSound suggested should work perfectly for you. this will only work if you did indeed chop a 2 bar or 4 bar loop. any less or any more might be out of tempo or sound weird.

Yeah you got the right answers already, bars apply to chopping because if you're timestretching, trying to fit a 6 bar loop into a 4 bar pattern will make your snares, kicks, etc off and just make it harder.

well this does sound sarcastic, but i'm gonna assume it's not. chopping 2 or 4 bar loops and then doing what SourceOfTheSound suggested should work perfectly for you. this will only work if you did indeed chop a 2 bar or 4 bar loop. any less or any more might be out of tempo or sound weird.

It's a 1 and a half bar so it'll be off?

So how do I make the 1 and a half bar flow smoothly?

It depends on the sample, if you just got yourself a melody then you can basically do whatever you want. But if you have a sample with drums then you basically need those drums to be the same tempo as your drums or half your tempo or twice your tempo. you get my point? because if not the samples snare is gonna hit on like 3,5347 and yours is gonna hit on 2 and 4. know what I'm saying?

Back