A question to anyone that samples from vhs or video games or whatever

any of you ever sampled a movie from a vcr and have problems with the vcr feedback(you know the buzzing sounds an shyt like that)trying my best to filter it out but its not working, i use software(cool edit pro)

i just sampled some stuff from my ps2, i got it connected to the vcr, then my vcr is connected to the "line in" in my pc

i'd appreciate the help

VCR? What is this V C R you speak of? Wait...I think my parents told me about them...and 8 tracks...and TV's that had knobs to change the channel...and they were only black and white...lol

PS2 has an optical output. I've recorded it using my emu 1212...sounds great.

Sounds to me like you're probably going through a ton of adapters...or the VCR is just trash.
Maybe get some better cables. 2 female RCA jacks to 1 male 1/8" stereo (or whatever your line in uses) would fix your problems...

Last edited:
HEAVY_WEIGHT said:
any of you ever sampled a movie from a vcr and have problems with the vcr feedback(you know the buzzing sounds an shyt like that)trying my best to filter it out but its not working, i use software(cool edit pro)

i just sampled some stuff from my ps2, i got it connected to the vcr, then my vcr is connected to the "line in" in my pc

i'd appreciate the help

what you should do is get the lil adapter piece that makes ur Rca jacks into one headphone jack, that way u can eliminate the vcr and get a cleaner sound

Or maybe it's just your VCR, it may be trash and doesn't converge well with your connections.

It happens all the time when sampling with vinyl (backround bass hum), old technology=/=connects great with new technology.

The BEST format for sampling is Laserdisc.

Reasons why:

1. The sound is uncompressed, 44.1 khz 16-bit stereo, much like what your sampler probably uses
2. They're cheap now. Pick up a player for $70 and a movie for $5
3. They don't suffer from the same noise issues that VHS and other consumer videotape formats do

Back