Public Library = Poor Digger's Heaven

Takedown

When I 'dig', it's generally e-digging, sometimes I'm able to hit up a record store and find something dope. However, most of the time, I end up going to my public library, and finding some awesome ass CD's to sample. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who does this. And if not, you might wanna try it. I've found some of the dopest stuff I've ever found in the library.

Damn man! For real??? The library... DOPE?!?! Haha I'm definteley going to hit the local library up thanks for posting man it hard to find some dope ass samples these days especially ones that have not been used before. Stay up man!
- CANNABIS

one of the dopest records i've ever bought from a record store has a label on it that says "Property of Lincoln Public Library" on it.

I had a dream once that the local library was selling their records and I was rushing there to acquire a certain mega rare jazz record from them.

I had a dream once that the local library was selling their records and I was rushing there to acquire a certain mega rare jazz record from them.

didnt realize the library has records like that though... do they check them out?

When I 'dig', it's generally e-digging, sometimes I'm able to hit up a record store and find something dope. However, most of the time, I end up going to my public library, and finding some awesome ass CD's to sample. I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who does this. And if not, you might wanna try it. I've found some of the dopest stuff I've ever found in the library.

I've gone to the library, found some stuff I never heard of(usually classical or jazz)taken it home, heard some dope stuff and ripped it. Now they've bled in with everything else I have(been years since I library dug)but I found some dope stuff back in the days.

didnt realize the library has records like that though... do they check them out?

Yeah, for 28 day loan periods here (I live in Kuopio, Finland). They have some very rare Finnish jazz releases that I wouldn't even consider buying for their going price as it goes way beyond of what I'm prepared to pay for a record. It isn't very likely to come across them on the field (fingers crossed..).

Man, Im in NY and will have to find out if they have records in the library.. they havw cd's never seen any vinyl though.

No they don't have records, some may but they have a nice cd collection....

Back