Producers who just make you want to quit doing beats lol...

D-MarZ

I listen to dudes like Illmind and M-Phazes and their shit is so ****ing hot. It has a bunch of hot change ups and their shit just sounds so good. I listen to some of their shit sometimes and it just gets me so discouraged because my beats wont ever sound that good. When I sit down and make a track, I just have such high standards and it gets me so frustrated sometimes. Anybody else ever feel like this?

i used to feel like this all the time to a point where i stopped listening to all commercial music so i could focus on bettering myself, i used to feel so discouraged when id just spent X amount of time on a beat and still wasnt happy with it. im over that now, why? because i stuck to what i did and never gave up,i know im 100x better than i was a year ago, & now more time im satisfied with my music. Stick at it, youll soon get past this phase if its meant to be.

Last edited:
It's true, at the same time it should inspire you though.. If you honestly think your beats will never sound that good, they never will. It's all about the mindset. Then action. Practice..

I think most of us have felt that at some point, its important not to let that make you give up but to work even harder

I always like hearing and being around ppl better. Might make u feel like shit but that should be in a good way. Makes u better and inspired.

Yeah it's tough, but with dedication and effort, you can slowly inch towards material that meets or exceeds your personal expectations. You may never be like M-Phazes, but not every NHL player can be like Crosby or Ovechkin, shouldn't stop them for giving it a real push. I'd rather be a 3rd Liner in the NHL than someone who gave up because the competition was too steep.

Keep at it Boyeeee (you're well on your way, the two beats you got in your sig are FRESH!)

There have been times yeah, but 99% of the time it inspires me. When I hear a beat that just blows me away, I always feel like makin a beat and trying to progress.

Last edited:
Nope, listening to the work of great producers can only inspire me to get better. I mean, I was just listening to beats I made 6 months age and I was like, WTF was I thinking? LOL Those guys didn't get to where they are in a day or a week.

yeah its suppose to inspire you to do better then your average , i use these people as energy sources to fuel my inspiration my passion,there what motivates me to accomplish more then i expected . use that inspiration like power to turn on a lightbulb .. there the power your the lightbulb an with the right power source you can accomplish unexpected results.dont let nothing discourage you..

Optimism Is the KEY pessimistics dont accomplish nothing ..

by the way good thread

Last edited:
I listen to dudes like Illmind and M-Phazes and their shit is so ****ing hot. It has a bunch of hot change ups and their shit just sounds so good. I listen to some of their shit sometimes and it just gets me so discouraged because my beats wont ever sound that good. When I sit down and make a track, I just have such high standards and it gets me so frustrated sometimes. Anybody else ever feel like this?

this is a good thing cuz you know you have an ear for whats hot. all you have to do is put in the work and you' ll make better beats.

Used to be Justice League.

But right now I'm to the point where I know that if I spent enough time I could do what they, or anybody else does.

For me it's about getting better on the piano, and in terms of producing/mixing etc. just getting faster and upgrading sounds, equipment etc..

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Used to be Justice League.

But right now I'm to the point where I know that if I spent enough time I could do what they, or anybody else does.

For me it's about getting better on the piano, and in terms of producing/mixing etc. just getting faster and upgrading sounds, equipment etc..

So now rather than being demoralized, I'm inspired by these producers because I'm confident in my abilities.

Yeah I definitely feel you on that. I myself need to get better on the keys. I've taken a few lessons, but stopped because they were a little pricey.

Yo marz. I started reading a few posts and went back up and peeped the track in your sig.
Good stuff man. The tropic one has my type of drums. I dig it a lot. You mentioned the change ups they have. And I see I'm your tracks what u mean. Keep doin what ur doing and it will fall into place. My thing was after creating the main loop. Drums/bass/samples, and what ever other instruments or sounds I used..I'd then just make another track. And try to make it as close to my last attempt as possible. Then after a few weeks i started hearing different ways to flip it faster.

It's good to listen to other producers' tracks to get some new ideas to use for my beats. But most of the time nowadays I don't listen to much of other people's stuff. I feel like I'm drifting towards my own style as a result and it doesn't sound close to anybody else's beats as far as I know...

Yo marz. I started reading a few posts and went back up and peeped the track in your sig.
Good stuff man. The tropic one has my type of drums. I dig it a lot. You mentioned the change ups they have. And I see I'm your tracks what u mean. Keep doin what ur doing and it will fall into place. My thing was after creating the main loop. Drums/bass/samples, and what ever other instruments or sounds I used..I'd then just make another track. And try to make it as close to my last attempt as possible. Then after a few weeks i started hearing different ways to flip it faster.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I do make some decent stuff when I actually make a beat. Its so hard for me to get inspirated lately. Ill sit down and work on a beat for like 20 minutes and if it doesnt come out sounding good, I will just stop and not make another beat for a couple days. I just get bored easily I guess. I wish I had a better work ethic, but im a lazy mother****er lol... Dudes like Illmind and Nottz live in the studio. I just cant do it.... I wish I could

Last edited:
I always like hearing and being around ppl better. Might make u feel like shit but that should be in a good way. Makes u better and inspired.

exactly I always tried to stick to networking with producers that are equal to or better than me

Back