Producers: I have a collaborative idea I need feedback on

Zach_P

TheBackPacked.com
*First off, I know this is not exactly the proper section to post this. However, there doesn't seem to be a section that this fits under and if there is one section of this site where my name would be known, its this section. So MODS, move this is you feel it necessary but understand the main people im speaking to, are ones that visit this section.

With that being said, I have a little idea I want to bring up to my fellows in the Sample/Digging/Flip-This forum. For those unaware I currently run a blog at www.TheBackPacked.com and I post up videos and sample packs here weekly. I want to expand my reach as a blog though, into even more original content.

The Idea: I want to start releasing blog based projects. If you frequent any other blogs around the internet you may have seen other blog sites sponsoring mixtapes or creating blog based mixtapes. My idea is similar to this, only in a smaller format. Ideally I want to start releasing a four track sampler (an EP of sorts) bi-weekly or monthly. This tentatively titled "The BackPacked Bundle" would feature a different artist each time. I would be posting these "bundles" on my blog and hopefully with time, they will spread and featured on other blogs/websites. The hope is that after some time the series will garner some attention and in turn bring more attention to my blog and the artists featured in the projects. Its essentially becoming apart of something instead of releasing projects solely on your own. Releasing the projects as a four track bundle instead of as a whole mixtape will allow for more projects and not overload listeners with too much music over time.

The Point: Im posting this here to extend an offer to you guys in this section to get involved. There are plenty of great producers/artists in this section that I can see doing one of these projects with. In addition to artists, I would need artwork as well. Above all else I just want to be apart of some good musical projects. My production game has slowed as of late as I find myself being more of a fan and a commentator than an actual producer. So if there is anyone out there looking to spread their music/artwork or just make some good projects, let me know and we can talk more details.

www.TheBackPacked.com
thebackpacked@gmail.com
www.twitter.com/thebackpacked

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read guys. If my idea sucks, tell me so I can scrap it without wasting time. And keep on the lookout for my sample packs and Who Flipped It Better videos!

Good idea. I'm gonna hit you with an email in the next couple days

Glad you guys are liking the idea. Keep the feedback coming.

And yes just shoot me and email if you want to talk about a project further. Ill be on the lookout for your emails Gilson and mmahan40.

Last edited:
Glad you guys are liking the idea. Keep the feedback coming.

And yes just shoot me and email if you want to talk about a project further. Ill be on the lookout for your emails Gilson and mmahan40.
dope idea, ill def hit you up man =)

I like this idea my dude. I'll get at you after this academic quarter is over. Then you'll probably be taking off and I'll have my **** together.

I also like this idea.. I would get down on it. Any news on what's up the thread is dieing fast... (excuse me you can have your time but hurtreynolds has the best beat on the net) LMAO We need to keep this alive instead of other threads around here

Appreciate the interest so far!

Any more thoughts or people that want may want to get involved with something?

just waitin for you to follow up bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Back