A problem samlpling a song with a fast tempo...

IMthatGUY

A problem sampling a song with a fast tempo...

I wanna sample a rock song with a tempo of 132bpm...Is there anyway else to do sample it and keep the essence of the original song besides timestretch, pitch shift, and chopping the sample up...

Last edited:
Those three really are your only options other than replaying the sample.

Xabiton said:
132 really aint that fast its more of a double time tempo my vote try half time

So how would you do it X becasue I've had this sample for about a year and its giving me a lot of problems...?

Last edited:
^yep. give me the sample if its not a weak sample i can probabaly find something to do with it

IMthatGUY said:
I wanna sample a rock song with a tempo of 132bpm...Is there anyway else to do sample it and keep the essence of the original song besides timestretch, pitch shift, and chopping the sample up...

Loop it up as it is. If it's such a good break, it'll work.

The emcee makes the tempo change that you would normally have made doing the beat. i.e. they rap at half.

Just do the beat at double time like they were saying, i do this all the time. If its something like 140 bpm then make a beat at 70 bpm.. that falls into the standard hip-hop tempo range

^what most people dont realise tho is that there is no such thing as double time tho kuz its always the same thing as another sig but in half. Ie 140 bpms is really 70 bpm if u go from 4/4 but 70 in 8/8 is still 140 its all relative

IMthatGUY said:

Damn man, just use the timestretch or pitch shift. Why be so hard on yourself.

Xabiton said:
^what most people dont realise tho is that there is no such thing as double time tho kuz its always the same thing as another sig but in half. Ie 140 bpms is really 70 bpm if u go from 4/4 but 70 in 8/8 is still 140 its all relative

sure but i think dude understands "double time" its pretty self explanitory, just have the sample go twice as fast as it normally does

Back