Post picture of your vinyl collection

pumppuhaulikkomies

Crate Digger
after all this is "Digging" forum. and i'm very curious on seeing peoples collections.

SO, post picture of your collection no matter how small or big it is... explain what type of music you got there.

(for those who don't know how to post pictures here: try imageshack.us for free image hosting.)

here's my collection. it's mainly soul music from the 70's and 60's. few sh!tty 80's lp too.... collection would be bigger but i have gotten rid of some vinyls i didn't need. stupid thing to do i know.

collection11-1.jpg

collection22.jpg

this might get interesting. just don't let this thread die.

:cheers:

Not too shabby there sir.

I'll post up mine when I get home from work, but you definitely got me beat.

My sh*t is mostly 80's to current hip hop/rap and r&b. But I got a decent size old school collection going as well.

Serato really killed my vinyl purchasing. I haven't bought a rekkid in probably 18 months now. Good for my bank account, bad for my soul.

Peace!

Edit: How are those shelves holding up with all that weight on them? They look fairly sturdy, but I'm always wary of breaking a shelf on a bookcase and having my stuff come crashing down.

Last edited:
Not too shabby there sir.

I'll post up mine when I get home from work, but you definitely got me beat.

My sh*t is mostly 80's to current hip hop/rap and r&b. But I got a decent size old school collection going as well.

Serato really killed my vinyl purchasing. I haven't bought a rekkid in probably 18 months now. Good for my bank account, bad for my soul.

Peace!

Edit: How are those shelves holding up with all that weight on them? They look fairly sturdy, but I'm always wary of breaking a shelf on a bookcase and having my stuff come crashing down.
i actually don't have more than 3 - 5 hiphop vinyls... i've been trying to get my hands on some old school joints but i havent found any good ones.. i don't know why. it's weird...

yeah man, those shelves might crash someday, lol.... i used to have a really nice shelf for lp's but i threw it away. now i don't even have enough room for big ass shelf. :D

and yes, post a picture whenever you can..

Here is mine-found them at grandma home attic, checked only one Lp because i got turntable who is older them i am, so the quality was sh*t.
There is 25 Lp and 49 singles of my country folk and classic music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is mine-found them at grandma home attic, checked only one Lp because i got turntable who is older them i am, so the quality was sh*t.
There is 25 Lp and 49 singles of my country folk and classic music.
WOW man those look old and rare as hell....! and dusty ! just the way i like em... i wouldnt mind checking those out.

Last edited:
Here is mine, just started it probably a month and a half ago so it's not much. It is mainly 70's soul,early 70s jazz, and mid 70s funk.

MyVinyl.jpg

nice. no room for a collection right now but will probably have one in the future. for now, e diggin works. my picture would be of fp and other sites, digital crates. but i do see places with records that make me want to start one up. nice collection there tho ppl.

Here is mine, just started it probably a month and a half ago so it's not much. It is mainly 70's soul,early 70s jazz, and mid 70s funk.

MyVinyl.jpg
nice ! i really need more jazz in my collection.... i don't know too many jazz artists so i don't know where to start.

btw i bought that same blackbyrds album 2 days ago. havent listened it yet tho..

nice. no room for a collection right now but will probably have one in the future. for now, e diggin works. my picture would be of fp and other sites, digital crates. but i do see places with records that make me want to start one up. nice collection there tho ppl.

yeah you should definitely start this vinyl thing in the future... it doesnt nesessarily make you better beatmaker but it takes this whole beat thing into a whole another level... that feeling when you find some crazy albums from the dollar bin and you just can't wait to get home and listen to them.

Last edited:
btw i bought that same blackbyrds album 2 days ago. havent listened it yet tho..

Man, it's a great album!. The 1st track been sampled soooo many times..

Big Daddy Kane’s “Raw '91”
Bobby Konders’s “Bad Boy Dance”
De la Soul’s “Ghetto Thang”
Doo-Wop's Flipsquad All-Stars’s “The Things I Do”
Eric B and Rakim’s “The R”
Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five’s “We Will Rock You”
Heavy D’s “Swingin Wit Da Heavsta”
Ice Cube’s “I Wanna Kill Sam”
Kwame’s “Da Man”
Lords of the Underground’s “Keepers of the Funk”
Massive Attack’s “Blue Lines”
Nas’s “Get Down”
NWA’s “Quiet on tha Set”
ODB ft Coolio’s “The Park”
Professor Griff’s “The V Amendment”
Sylk Smoov’s “DU in It”
Together Brothers’s “Back in the Days”
Ultramagnetic MCs’s “When I Burn”
UTFO’s “Doin' It”

There's not really anything on there that I would sample, maybe "Love So Fine", but it's great to just listen to

DAMN and i thought nas's get down sampled James Brown.... i don't know where i heard that sh!t...lol... gotta check the lp soon.
i also have many vinyls that i would not sample....but i love soul music so hell yeah i'm still listenin to those albums.

Ya, it's James Brown, but when it hit's that break around the middle is when the Blackbyrds joint hits, they just used some of the guitar from the intro.

omg, i just had an orgasm..............

how much have you paid for all those?!?

pay...??

lmao!

80% of those vinyls were free, call it faith and luck...
about 2 months ago i was walkin around and this old guy was closing his store and i grabbed about 300 vinyls for 40 dollars...

the other 20% are from serious diggin in puerto rico where i am from... dont spend more than 4 dollars per record over there cause the guy knows me well and laces me.

i like how they always stop me at the airport and search the vinyl at the security gate... hahaha aways trips me out.

mx1zx3.jpg

real small collection. Just started getting vinyl bout 2-3 weeks ago from my pops.
I havent got into buying any yet until I can find cheaper vinyls

pay...??

lmao!

80% of those vinyls were free, call it faith and luck...
about 2 months ago i was walkin around and this old guy was closing his store and i grabbed about 300 vinyls for 40 dollars...

the other 20% are from serious diggin in puerto rico where i am from... dont spend more than 4 dollars per record over there cause the guy knows me well and laces me.

i like how they always stop me at the airport and search the vinyl at the security gate... hahaha aways trips me out.

hahahah!! :D :D

yeah you're definitely lucky... and i wonder how long it would take to listen all those lp's...

Back