Post picture of your vinyl collection

DSCF0357.JPGDSCF0358.JPGDSCF0359.JPG

I'm about to digitize my collection then i'm gonna post on you tube (but only stuff that isn't already on there)...

i've got a mix of reggae, hip hop and d&b collected in the 90's

i've twice raided the collection to raise cash and regret it now... i've bought a technics 1200 and i've started picking up the odd bit of vinyl here and there... i can't help it... it's not very practical as a medium, but there is something about a crisp hip hop 12" or a reggae 45 that CD's just don't have and MP3's could never come near...

DSCF0382.JPGDSCF0385.JPGDSCF0381.JPG

and some more...

CD's are cool... i've got a whole pile of them too... but its a different kind of collection... i was on to mp3's for a bit when i was living in just a room but now if i download, i download WAV's... I only really download house because you can't get most of that stuff otherwise...

DSCF0378.JPG

and some more... sorry, ok yes thats enough now.

"I dont think mp3 quality has changed since its release. I think people are finally used to the sound of it."

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago noticing a different kind of texture in some new music... dubstep and stuff like that and I thought it might be that it was because people were sampling drums and getting sounds from mp3's and sound files rather than vinyl that I had got used to hearing when i was growing up... i guess its just another shift, another phase in music

Attachments

• DSCF0366.JPG
    DSCF0366.JPG
    634.9 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF0363.JPG
    DSCF0363.JPG
    586.8 KB · Views: 57
It would take forever to digitize my stuff. I don't have the time to do that so that is why I keep them. I think that mp3s suffice now because most of my music ends up back as mp3s anyway!

Yawn. Anyway, I have about 5-6K so I'll post for yall. I've gotten more but I dont want to take new pics. Lol.

102_1205.jpg

102_1201.jpg

I know this is a bit off-topic, but are those AV30s or AV40s?

I often want to shrink my collection too because its heavy and space consuming, but I like to often grab some vinyl. I use software samps now too and took piano keys so my sampling is decreasing, but I like it too much. Just listening to stuff inspires. Mp3s have changes. Lol. You dont remember 32, 64,128 rates. Most people are ripping at 192 and above now. Its clearer with less hiss. I also find stuff that I would never get otherwise, but I dont do that too often.
those rates have been there for years though. I was making mp3s at 320 in 2003

But then people do like that hiss for a vintage and real rugged sound. But I guess that's just down to opinion and what people like and don't like. Some people like clean cut melodies and chops, so they'll go to the extent of 48+k wav files and 256kbps+ songs... Some people just enjoy the realism of sampling... but yeah, down to opinion. The collection I have isn't technically mine. It's just a bunch (maybe 100-200+) of records my dads and uncles collected over the years, but I still enjoy sifting through them when I can. It helps me enjoy and find new music anyway

But then people do like that hiss for a vintage and real rugged sound. But I guess that's just down to opinion and what people like and don't like. Some people like clean cut melodies and chops, so they'll go to the extent of 48+k wav files and 256kbps+ songs... Some people just enjoy the realism of sampling... but yeah, down to opinion. The collection I have isn't technically mine. It's just a bunch (maybe 100-200+) of records my dads and uncles collected over the years, but I still enjoy sifting through them when I can. It helps me enjoy and find new music anyway
That joy for the hiss I think goes away eventually it did for me. My sampled beats from vinyl are clean as hell. Even with low res hardware samplers.

GOOOOD THREAD. there was actually huge thread about the same topic but some nazi mods deleted it some time ago. anyway, i havent been buying much new records. my wife tells me not to, hah :D even tho i have only 1300+ records, i had to move my studio equipment and records upstairs to their own room, because they were "in the way"

EDIT: sorry, only picture i found. most of my records are there in the background rgregerg.jpg

Last edited:
GOOOOD THREAD. there was actually huge thread about the same topic but some nazi mods deleted it some time ago. anyway, i havent been buying much new records. my wife tells me not to, hah :D even tho i have only 1300+ records, i had to move my studio equipment and records upstairs to their own room, because they were "in the way"

Haha, I'm in the same situation. That's when you start tightening the collection/flipping your old records to justify buying new ones. Naturally you'll buy at least two new records to replace one you've sold. That's what I'm doing.. Sometimes I sneak back home when I've bought new records :D

I thought I've seen one thread like this before I became a mod, couldn't find anything with a search. Maybe it ended up in people sharing mp3's from other people's collections or heavy flaming, there wouldn't be other reasons to removing threads.

Haha, I'm in the same situation. That's when you start tightening the collection/flipping your old records to justify buying new ones. Naturally you'll buy at least two new records to replace one you've sold. That's what I'm doing.. Sometimes I sneak back home when I've bought new records :D

I thought I've seen one thread like this before I became a mod, couldn't find anything with a search. Maybe it ended up in people sharing mp3's from other people's collections or heavy flaming, there wouldn't be other reasons to removing threads.
hahaha, i feel you. i have to do that sneaky digging sometimes too. have to remember to get rid of the evidence also...you know, receipts and shit. that way my wife never knows if i've bought new lp's.... same thing with xbox games, SMH. she says i have too many games. what if i told her she has too many shoes. :D

yeah, that was before you became a mod, AND i actually found the original thread. here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng/post-picture-your-vinyl-collection-300262/

sorry i called you mods "nazi". i didnt mean you tho.

peeeace

hahaha, i feel you. i have to do that sneaky digging sometimes too. have to remember to get rid of the evidence also...you know, receipts and shit. that way my wife never knows if i've bought new lp's.... same thing with xbox games, SMH. she says i have too many games. what if i told her she has too many shoes. :D

yeah, that was before you became a mod, AND i actually found the original thread. here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ng/post-picture-your-vinyl-collection-300262/

sorry i called you mods "nazi". i didnt mean you tho.

peeeace
lol considering I am the only person who ever modded this section before Jyri I should be offended lol. I used to be good at hiding reciepts but now that I have stopped buying records and started buying plug ins it has become so much easier to hide stuff from my wife lol. I randomly spent like $500 one weekend on plug ins and Live and my wife had no idea lol

lol considering I am the only person who ever modded this section before Jyri I should be offended lol. I used to be good at hiding reciepts but now that I have stopped buying records and started buying plug ins it has become so much easier to hide stuff from my wife lol. I randomly spent like $500 one weekend on plug ins and Live and my wife had no idea lol

naah, i remember searching it some time ago and didnt find it. not even by checking my started threads.... that's why i thought it was deleted for no reason. my search skills suck and it was my fault. sorry for being a dick about it. you guys have done great job modding this section.

anyway, glad to see me and jyri arent the only ones who had this problem with diggin records :D

:pointing:Haha at everyone having to sneak in records. I tell my wife Im going to buy records. She cant say anything. She just says okay because later on down the line she'll come home with some quilting stuff. Its an even exchange. When I go buy this MPC 2500.

Last edited:
:pointing:Haha at everyone having to sneak in records. I tell my wife Im going to buy records. She cant say anything. She just says okay because later on down the line she'll come home with some quilting stuff. Its an even exchange. When I go buy this MPC 2500.

my wife wouldnt be mad at me for buying mpc tho. it doesnt take that much space. the vinyl however.....smh... i have quite large house but still....she says the vinyl collection is a problem. :D i aint getting rid of them though

Yeah my wife would be more mad about taking up the space but then again I had 1700 records that ate up our entire walk in closet at our old place I moved to a new place a month ago and I can't even think of anywhere to put those records that is not intrusive to the family lol. Oh well I am going to become a mp3 digger when I get the itch I suppose

Back