Is it possible to remove the vocals or other parts of a song for sampling?

Da Shaman

Are there any tools that you could use to make the vocals or drums or any sound on a sample either non existant or just not audible? Some people ive asked have said theres things you can do to make some parts extremely quiet, and others have said that theres nothing you can do, so im askin here for a definitive answer.

you can EQ it, but for the most part it doesn't sound good. if you have the instrumental for a song and it's the exact same length and etc, you can make the beat almost non existant by inverting the channel(i use audacity almost exclusively to do this lol). same thing for acapellas to make instrumentals.

Last edited:
you can EQ it, but for the most part it doesn't sound good. if you have the instrumental for a song and it's the exact same length and etc, you can make the beat almost non existant by inverting the channel(i use audacity almost exclusively to do this lol). same thing for acapellas to make instrumentals.

What do you mean by invert it (better yet, can do you do that using fl studio), an yes the thing im trying to sample is an orchestra piece if that would be ok.

it's better known as phase reversal. i don't know if it's possible in fl, never tried it. edison can reverse a songs polarity (fancy name for the same thing). if you line the phase reversed song (acapella or instrumental) with the normal song (assuming all the waves are the same level, and completely alike in every way), it should cancel out the beat or vocals. but i'm not sure, i always use audacity to do it.

Last edited:
it's better known as phase reversal. i don't know if it's possible in fl, never tried it. edison can reverse a songs polarity (fancy name for the same thing). if you line the phase reversed song (acapella or instrumental) with the normal song (assuming all the waves are the same level, and completely alike in every way), it should cancel out the beat or vocals. but i'm not sure, i always use audacity to do it.

aight thxs man imma try it right now!

Back