Pitching samples on keyboard

digidoc

When I load samples on logic or maschine and play them on my keyboard, the tempo of it changes depending on the pitch. The higher the pitch, the faster it gets, kinda like a chipmunk sound. Is there anyway to play samples on keyboard w/o changing their tempo? It completely distorts the sample...If you look at the video around 1:00, the way he uses sample doesn't seem to have this problem. Does anyone know how do this?

That's one of the reasons I still use studio one even after upgrading reason lol. nnxt needs that auto timestretch feature, way overdue.
Manually time stretching though is the only way for some devices. Some things propellerhead does make no sense.

Thanks for the info! One question tho, so when you use personus studio one, you don't have the time-stretching problem?

Sample one>nnxt for one feature, autotimstretch of one sample and not manually timestretching each copy and pitching down a semitone to fit on the nnxt :/ Although If it's what I'm going for I'll use nnxt instead. That's one of the 10 reasons I keep both.

If there was a fast way to manually make like 78-88 semitones of the same timestretched sample and save that as an nnxt patch...
Recycle should be a module with a backpanel too.

Back