piecing the samples back together

J

jackknocks

whats up producers i have a ? i chop by note on all my samples
but its hard to put it back together what am i doing wrong
all i really need is 8 hits to make a 4bar loop
but its so hard i chop in recycle then import to the mpc2000
please help me out!!!!!!!!!!

If you could go a bit further into detail in this it would be easier to help. Your post is a bit vague.

You have hard time transferring the chops from your computer to your MPC?
Why don't you chop in your MPC? There is also software to create MPC2000/2000XL/3000 programs on your computer, it's 100% worth the money and got a 30-day trial: MPC Editor. Of course this will require that you are able to transfer files from your computer to your MPC on disks, which you are probably able to do since you are chopping on your computer.

Or you have hard time coming up with something good from your chops?
If that is the case, it sounds like you need to keep practicing.

whats up producers i have a ? i chop by note on all my samples
but its hard to put it back together what am i doing wrong
all i really need is 8 hits to make a 4bar loop
but its so hard i chop in recycle then import to the mpc2000
please help me out!!!!!!!!!!

Practice. I just chopped this Mariah Carey sample last night and chopped it by every kick & snare on my 1000. I was playin it out, and it sounded better without every hit I chopped, and sounded different then just uh loop. No one can tell you what to do cause every sample's different. Just keep choppin that shit & makin beats..

What I would do is chop in FL (I hate Recycle) then import it to the NN-XT slice by slice chromatically on the keyboard.

Then all you have to do is set the polyphony to 1, that way when you press one key it shuts off the one before it.

Very simple.

What I would do is chop in FL (I hate Recycle) then import it to the NN-XT slice by slice chromatically on the keyboard.

Then all you have to do is set the polyphony to 1, that way when you press one key it shuts off the one before it.

Very simple.
No point in getting FL mixed in this, op is using MPC2000 to sequence..

Sorry are you on about chopping drums or other samples?
if you are tryna chop individual hits and then play back a melody without any gaps
you probably will have problems unless your timing is perfect.

Very simple.

How are you going to tell him don't use recycle use FL? Recycle is made for editing music. and some people actually purchase software so what makes you think he has FL?

If you dont use recycle and you don't use an mpc then you should don't put your two cents in.

Last edited:
whats up

Sorry are you on about chopping drums or other samples?
if you are tryna chop individual hits and then play back a melody without any gaps
you probably will have problems unless yourtiming

what do u mean about timing i dont understain what does that have to do with choppin ?

How are you going to tell him don't use recycle use FL? Recycle is made for editing music. and some people actually purchase software so what makes you think he has FL?

If you dont use recycle and you don't use an mpc then you should don't put your two cents in.

Who pissed in your Cheerio's?

You can export a MIDI file from ReCycle that has the right note spacing for each slice, basicly this MIDI file puts the slices back together and if you decide to change the tempo the spacing stretches rather than the samples.

Back