Pick And Fit Different Samples Into One Beat

J

JosephBeatz

hey everyone im having a hard time trying to find different samples and fitting it all to one beat. what i do now is find a loop of 4 bars chop it into 16 pads on my maschine and layer a drums over it. this is to simple i know and my beatz are sounding very dull and need more in them. i was wondering if anyone can help me on how to find different samples from different songs and fit them all in one beat. i would like to take vocals from one song and then samples from another sample and make it sound like its was together on one track. i have a feeling this has to do with my mixing process but i would like some input or advice on how i can make this happen. thank you all for your help.

If my drums sound empty. Adding elements like extra shakers and cymbals usually make them sound fuller.
Better mixing is important.
And adding your own melodies can do wonders but that's hard work compared to straight sampling.

This is pretty common, and great idea might I add.

I listen for songs (or sections of songs) that are in the same key, or close to it. You can tell because they will have some of the same notes and chords.
After that, its open season. Chop parts that you like, try high pass filters, try pitch shifting an octave, whatever you please...

Just my 02.cents

I completely agree with SomOne. You should better try combining samples that are in the same key or else you'll need a lot of time to sort things out. Unless you have an actual idea in your head though... Mixing different melodies from samples into one melody is sometimes a very strenuous job to do.

Back