people talkin that ish

G

guido da crook

is it jus me or is there way too many people complaining about people sampling? they cry and cry about people using samples, probly jus cuz they cant do it themselves. and to top it off, i hear them using rex loops and stuff. to me thats close enough.

me personally, i do both. why limit myself? if i hear a sample in a song, i cant resist. and before you know it, its a fresh beat!

i havent been involved or read one battle in here where someone that has nothing to do with anything, comes in and says "**** sampling, anyone that samples sucks".......... THATS BULL****!!!

so anti samplin people please please PLEASE quit that jabberin!!! nobodys tryin to hear that ****.

guido da crook said:
is it jus me or is there way too many people complaining about people sampling? they cry and cry about people using samples, probly jus cuz they cant do it themselves. and to top it off, i hear them using rex loops and stuff. to me thats close enough.

me personally, i do both. why limit myself? if i hear a sample in a song, i cant resist. and before you know it, its a fresh beat!

i havent been involved or read one battle in here where someone that has nothing to do with anything, comes in and says "**** sampling, anyone that samples sucks".......... THATS BULL****!!!

so anti samplin people please please PLEASE quit that jabberin!!! nobodys tryin to hear that ****.

I like to get a hot sample and add so much to it that the track turns more into an inspiration of the sample

Sampling isn't as hard as people make it sound tho. It sounds great which is why I sample but its one of those things that once u pick up the basic concepts of it isn't that hard to continue doing.

Xabiton said:
Sampling isn't as hard as people make it sound tho. It sounds great which is why I sample but its one of those things that once u pick up the basic concepts of it isn't that hard to continue doing.
u mean loopin a sample??? lol

good point. there's a difference between looping a sample and strait choppin that **** up

elohiminc said:
u mean loopin a sample??? lol
I mean either way. I chop samples I loop samples the **** ain't as hard as cats makin it seem it is. I love the sound of sampled music but for the most part sampling is one size fits all

i think that people that diss samplers are talkin bout new beatmakers that shop beats with a straight up loop and they think they're on everyone elses level

Right, chopping like crazy and being creative is one thing, but there are people nowdays making big bucks by

1) Taking 4-8 bars of a soul song that was *already* a hit
2) Looping it
3) Adding drums

true but look at Ti he took a 2 bar loop from a damn house song and looped id plus drums and look at the money he makes

I aint anti sample, but i have more respect for the musicianship of those that compose

by the way i got nothin wrong with loopin but to get cocky about it and everybeat is a soul sample loop that just aint right

in my opinion, who cares if its looped, chopped, or composed? if its hot its hot

but people should be diverse for their own benefit

hip hop was founded on sampling. it's the essence.

anyone who has a problem with it can suck a cack.

anyone who doesn't have a problem with it, check my myspace.

:sing:

true

samples is the is the basis of hip hop without the samples it would not be hip hop

you can not get that crisps sound that real hip hop has without some samples the entire oldskool genre would die if they were not able to sample

Last edited by a moderator:
Naw that's garbage, hip hop is a certain feeling and a beat with certain style poetry. The Roots are hip-hop and I don't think you can say that if they put a whole beat together without using samples all of a sudden it doesn't have the real sound of hip hop.

madmanx said:
samples is the is the basis of hip hop without the samples it would not be hip hop

you can not get that crisps sound that real hip hop has without some samples the entire oldskool genre would die if they were not able to sample
why cant it be hip hop without samples? there are lots of hip hop songs that have no samples in it. A lot of good songs without samples

^NO he is sayin without the concept of sampling hip hop wouldnt have been created which is true until u think...Hip hop is based on funk and Rock, 2 genres that almost never use samples.and afrika bambata were hip hoppers but didnt use samples

codexlf said:
Right, chopping like crazy and being creative is one thing, but there are people nowdays making big bucks by

1) Taking 4-8 bars of a soul song that was *already* a hit
2) Looping it
3) Adding drums

Thats been happening since sampling started hommie....Its nuthin new

Back