Over 80GB collection of Rock n Roll music!

kmano

Damn, I just realized that my dad was a huge fan of rock and roll and he got himself nice collection over the years and he just showed me that collection! It's all CD's - and those are also DVD's from the concerts, audios and visuals, studio albums etc.. artist like Genesis, Zeppelins, ELO, Queen, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Beatles, Lennon solos, David Gillmore, Jimmy Page, The Earth The Wind The Fire.. and a lot of other artists mainly from rock and roll. I feel like Im lucky to have it, but I don't know if Im ready to sample all that shit! Do you think it can be helpful? How should I make it to take 100 % from it?

Score! I would approach it like this... Listen to as much of it as you want to. Keep an ear out for samples, but really, just enjoy that ish. Music from a time when creativity and inspiration reigned supreme. You'll undoubtedly find tons of usable riffs & chords, but you won't find straight rock & roll like that, anymore.

Thanks for answer - but what do you mean by saying that I won't find straight rock and roll like that? Since english is my natural language I might not understand the context

Most rock these days is either poppy, preppy stuff (very badly Disneyfied) or mixed in to other genres such as country rock, death metal etc.

Sounds like your dad and I are of about the same age, 'cause I have lots of that stuff too as well as a huge jazz collection.

From the other side I wish it would all be soul/funk/jazz.. but I know rock also has much potential when it comes to sampling. What y'all think about that?

Back