Open Battle...

TracAssassinLokk

I would like to have another battle... I'll pick a sample... one I've never used, and post it within the hour... any takers lemme know

ok... here's the rules tho... just so when people listen to your track they have a reference... the intro should be what you sampled from the song, but only if you sample a loop, and chop it up
If you sample just a loop and dont chop it then disregard this rule

... i don't understand when people make rules like these! lol. let's test our mettle dang it! :) Post that sample Lokk. Oh, and this should probably be moved to the "Battle" section.

Last edited:
yeah imma make a post there after i up the sample... If anybody can't work this sample Im sorry you should probably hang it up... i need like 15 more minutes... real vinyl is something else...

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

ok... gonna be a little longer... had to upload to divshare, its already in .wav form cause it came straight from my mpc... the song is Spaced Out by Stanley Turrentine, not sure if anyone has sampled it before, really don't care... sounded nice, it was either this, some T-Connection, Mandre or Scorpions... and this won...2 minutes away...

Oh yeah lets make beats due by Saturday 12PM Central... I have tests to take for school, otherwise it'd be tomorrow by 5PM Central lol

Last edited:
cool. what's the time limit/due date? And who is the artist?

Last edited:
Sorry but i aint down

i dont like the sample that was given to this battle

sorry

i would wanna compete in this battle but this sample is a lil whack

Last edited:
so by not flexible, or wack... you mean there aren't any parts to just loop... lol, how about you guys try listening to it for a while then go to the drawing board... i bet y'all prolly only listened like once huh...

well i already got one beat made from that track... im contemplating making another before the Saturday deadline...

i withdraw my statement that the sample is whack in mine opinion
but i don't like the sample
from the moment that i listening to a sample they must catch me now what saying!

and iam not a looper producer i take the hole song and cut it where i want i don't bound to boundaries

but i don't like the sample thats all

sorry for calling it whack that wasn't professional

so by not flexible, or wack... you mean there aren't any parts to just loop... lol, how about you guys try listening to it for a while then go to the drawing board... i bet y'all prolly only listened like once huh...

well i already got one beat made from that track... im contemplating making another before the Saturday deadline...

Listen brother, i'm not a pro, but i'm not a newbie either. Within minutes of downloading the sample from you, I listened to it, liked it, loaded it into Audacity and continued to listen more. I then chopped what i felt were usable pieces but frankly there actually aren't that many. I didn't wanna loop an entire track but this sample in particular kinda forced me too. Have you listened to a dope song and said "I'm gonna crush THAT SONG!" only to be in the "chopping phase" and come out with nothing or almost nothing? This is that kinda sample.

I'll still battle but relax your choice of words when you post a not-so-hot sample in the first place.

BTW, where's a link to this battle?

Last edited:
actually no thats never happened to me... if i hear a song and i like it ill listen to it over and over until i find even the smallest thing that can be sampled... And if the sample is not-so hot in the first place, why even waste your time??? I mean, it was hot enough to get put on his album, right... so maybe you should so some respect for the original artist and put more time into actually FINDING the bits and pieces to sample before you label a track lukewarm...

BTW, that rule about the intro, just fuggetaboutit... do whatcha do...

Link in battles tomorrow morning...

How many "alright" and even "horrible" songs are on people's albums?! lol. You make it sound as though everyone should utilize your, what sounds like desperate chopping, sampling techniques. Not trying to put you down, just saying not everyone shares your "style". I'm workin' a long shift tomorrow, so i'll post up on Sunday.

Last edited:
Some songs are just better to be listened to. Just because it's a bad ass song, which this one is, doesn't mean it's great to be sampled.
Just saying, lol, don't mind me.

How many "alright" and even "horrible" songs are on people's albums?! lol. You make it sound as though everyone should utilize your, what sounds like desperate chopping, sampling techniques. Not trying to put you down, just saying not everyone shares your "style". I'm workin' a long shift tomorrow, so i'll post up on Sunday.

wait... how many of my beats have you heard??? probably like 2 that ive posted on here... so you have no clue of what my style is... so please stop making yourself sound foolish... Like I said you can sample any song with a little talent and a good ear.... so maybe you're missing one or the other... not trying to put you down... just saying LMAO

Battle Link

Last edited:
Back