On one shot sampling and sample libraries

Contoors

Hey everyone! New to these forums so my formatting may be a bit weird!

I'm trying to add alot more to a custom sample library I've been creating over the years. At the moment I'm trying to sample mostly one-shots like snares, kick drums, etc. I've been mostly doing this through the sample editor in logic. I just cut up the sample, then select selection to region, then right-click for the export audio function, but

I'm wondering if there are better ways of doing this. I also use kontakt but it's not really easy to cut up something and export it as an audio file. Would a program like recycle, maschine, or something else make this task easier? How do you guys do it?

Thanks!

Both Recycle and Maschine make it easier.
I actually still use Cool Edit Pro to do my preliminary rough cuts, when I'm sifting through stuff. I got so used to it that I never saw a reason to change to anything new, just to learn another interface/hotkeys.
I then switch over to Push2 to further chop, edit and arrange.

I'm not as familiar with using Kontakt as an editing tool.

you can set up a pretty proficient editing tool in any DAW if you cutom assign (learn, map to, etc.) certain parameters to a midi controller. can make quick use of any editing need, usually.

Thanks for the reply! I actually have the maschine controller, just really got around to using it more. Do you know if recycle and maschine have a quick export sample feature like I mentioned?

Back