ol skool drums vs new skool drums -

pick ur favorite type of drums

• ol skool drums

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • new skool drums

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I miss the days of distinct drums. My drums used to be a pretty big part of my sound. But with demand comes supply, so now I use more 808 than I want, but I miss using snares instead of claps and 808 kicks as an undertone instead of a frontline kick.

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

I don't really care as long as they are soft/quiet. I hate it when drums knock in hip hop.

I need to make this my sig, lol.

I miss the days of distinct drums. My drums used to be a pretty big part of my sound. But with demand comes supply, so now I use more 808 than I want, but I miss using snares instead of claps and 808 kicks as an undertone instead of a frontline kick.
so true. now everything revolves around peoples pretty ass bs melodies

old school and new school are way tooo different they both got unique characteristics if we talking real drums against 808 kits

Vinyl, Live Drums, Breaks + processed library drums. Layer and make your own.

Ok...old school durms are still valuable. Matter of fact, they bring back memories. New school drums are NICE but they can not give you that flashback.

If by old school you mean boom bap style drums, then I definitely prefer old school.

Back