the official "which site got the best drumkits" thread!

fn86

i like banginbeats cause they have a lot of grimey dirty ****, just my style, im not that happy with modernbeats though.....

what's your experience with different sites that sell drumkits, please describre what kind of drums each site that you bought from delivers, are they clubstyle, street grimey style, etc etc.

i reckon this whould be a nice thread for ppl so that they can get some recomendations of what drumkits to purchase

My best experiences with drum kits is just plain ole sharing... for ex. I drop my best drum kits ... you drop yours... you start a thread like that... and many peeps add ... you'll be surprised what you'll get... and what makes that all good.. it's all free

Does anyone here chop there own samples? I do... I find it kinda fun.

bobsmitt said:
various sounds:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6GLZN33H

best of both worlds:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EXNCKDVC

if you want more PM me and trade some of your good **** cus i actually want to be getting some hot kits.
Props man, those are some nice sounds.... Also people, I am willing to trade some good ish, for nice long clear basses, cause I love those rolling basslines.

Last edited:
Jesuspotpie said:
Does anyone here chop there own samples? I do... I find it kinda fun.

Props man, those are some nice sounds.... Also people, I am willing to trade some good ish, for nice long clear basses, cause I love those rolling basslines.

Hell ya i used Stylus RMX and send my own audio filez through there and i use the chaos feature to produce spontanious ill drum backgrounds and im going to be laying in some vocals off vinyl, i have found a few yesterday since it was my first day going out to record dig for OLD vinylz,

by the way i agree, modernbeats is weak but i kinda like p5audio.com, i wanna try that new SSL collection or whatever it is, ehhhh i havent went out and gotten any other drum kits from 3rd party sellerz

i didnt like the modernbeats samples at all, far too generic and they dont really fit well together, and if the source sample isnt up to scratch, there goes your track to the trash.

i usually find the best samples are one offs dotted from all over the place, perhaps a snare off some vinyl, some random kick off the internet somewhere, they tend to come together nicely.

I gotta give it to abstractbeats.com, they dont have as many sounds but i can use them all, i gotta go elsewhere for anything dirty south cause they strictly kinda kanye for real

Caponegville said:
who produced those kits?

If you downloaded, does it really matter???
I don't care what anybody on here says, you can not copyright a damn drum kick..lol or a phuckin' snare..lol no percussion can be copy written unless it has melody in it (actual chords being played.) Don't believe me? Do some research.

Fam Nice said:
If you downloaded, does it really matter???
I don't care what anybody on here says, you can not copyright a damn drum kick..lol or a phuckin' snare..lol no percussion can be copy written unless it has melody in it (actual chords being played.) Don't believe me? Do some research.

Yes, but if someone calls you out on it, that could seriously hurt your street cred.

kaliyl said:
Where do i save these kits for them to show up in Fl-6?

C:/programfiles/imageline/flstudio6/data/patches/user

Last edited:
So I guess I lose street cred for using a Dre kick that I layer and eq with a R-kelly kick??? Let's be for real..lol

I do alot of chopping. Actually my "sample library" consists of raw cut samples I pull out to chop the hell out of them when needed.

Back