Nnxt-nn19-redrum Sampling

D

djharris

Sup folks ive tried to find my answers to this by using search so don't shout at me :) :angel:

basically ive read people using the nnxt to add thier chops into which is cool but when i do it (im using an MPD16 + Reason of course) i add all my chops into 1 nnxt and when ever i just want to play 1 of the chops i added it plays them all, now how do i get it to play each indidvidual chop on a different pad?
(see attatchment if i dot make sense)

now ive tried it in REDRUM but this is my other dilemma if i have a slightly longer chop and i want to hit the sample a few times it overlaps i.e. don't stop playing when i take my finger off the pad?

hope i make sense and u guys can help me out. :cry:

by chops do u mean u sliced up files on recycle? if so try using dr rex, and click the "enable slice via midi" button.

also as far as i know, the nn19 us useful for playing 1 sound, (upload any) and playing it accross the chromatic scale (it transposes it automatically)

you can adjust the decay on the redrum unit too, try that if u want, or use the two hi hat channels, what they do is cancel eachother out, i think its chanell 7 and 8 or 8 and 9. what they do is once you triger channel 7, 8 is cut muted, once u click 8, 7 is muted.

experiment with this **** bro, hope it clears something.

also redrum's range is somewhere between c1 and b1, make sure ur midi pad is setup properly.

thanks for the info the last bit will help me more than anything i think i havent used reCycle so imma have to look into that. but the idea to mute sounds good thanks man pz

djharris said:
basically ive read people using the nnxt to add thier chops into which is cool but when i do it (im using an MPD16 + Reason of course) i add all my chops into 1 nnxt and when ever i just want to play 1 of the chops i added it plays them all, now how do i get it to play each indidvidual chop on a different pad?

theres a switch on each channell by the velocity/pitch/volume adjusment. tht switch is truned down, turn it up n tha note will only go as long as u play it.

The Answer

Just Get Recycle......Buy If You Don't Won't To. This is how you could do it

Step One:Load Up Your Chop Samples
Step Two:Then Highlight All Of Your Chop Samples, Then You Go To Edit...
Step Three: Once You Go To Edit. You Click on SET ROOT NOTES FROM PITCH DETECTION
Step Four:The You Go To AUTOMAP ZONES And Then Your Done

Remember Everthing has to be Highlighted

Back