newbie tempo question

drought

hey fp wats up. Quick question when your sampling do u need to find the original tempo of the track ur sampling from? Or can i just time stretch the sample to my project tempo without knowing the samples original tempo?

thank u

I always count the original tempo of the song that I'm choping because I warp it in Ableton, and it's easier that way.. but you can do the both ways I guess, I know that FL studio has a auto time stretching tool that you can use to match the tempo of your sample with your project.

hey fp wats up. Quick question when your sampling do u need to find the original tempo of the track ur sampling from? Or can i just time stretch the sample to my project tempo without knowing the samples original tempo?

thank u

I'm as precise as I can be with the truncate function so my loops are generally cut tight. I just tell (or check that) Maschine (or DAW) (has) how many bars are in the sample (9.5 times out of 10 Maschine nails it) and then stretch to tempo I'm using (I nod best to around 86BPM).

I honestly cant stress how much I believe properly truncating a sample helps me out. A tight loop just makes every next step (timestretch, pitch, slices/chops) so much easier. I rarely sample anything less than a 2-loop even if there's just a 5th of a bars worth of sound I intend to use.

It all depends what you're doing with the sample, man. It sounds like you're looping samples. A lot of DAW's, as long as you have a perfect loop, can stretch it to your project's BPM.

I always count the original tempo of the song that I'm choping because I warp it in Ableton, and it's easier that way.. but you can do the both ways I guess, I know that FL studio has a auto time stretching tool that you can use to match the tempo of your sample with your project.

Hey thanks for reply. im making the switch from fruity looops to ableton. im able to warp samples with drums but do u have any advice for warping samples with no drums or an accapella? what are u looking for when ur trying to warp it? any help would be cool, thanks

Back