Newbee to sampling.

heaumane

Ive looked n looked, found a somewhat good ammount of videos on youtube. Im still practicing, searching for good sampling techniques, and i was looking on here to see if anyone had any good techniques but didnt find any posts/threads. Ive tried flipping Pretty Woman track, no luck haha. IDK but sometimes i cant get the samples to match the bpm :/ . So my next question is is it better to drag sample onto sequencer or use SliceX? TY

Practice, practice, practice.
Everyone does things differently.
Experiment with all your tools and you'll eventually figure it all out and find a way to do things in a way that suites you.

You should send me a message on AIM id be interested in hook up with other new beat makers.

Aim: Cheapstak

in fl studio i use fl slicer and tell it to chop youre dragged sample into beats or half beats and play with it on youre keyboard

the best things is watch a ton of vids on incorporate all the styles youve studied an implement it too your own authentic style , jus practice like the rest of us jus dont burn your self out but thats inevitable to have beat block once a great while ,

if you sample , try to compose a beat it might help your craft thats how i started makin beats in 2003 i started maken composed beats first then moved on to sampling the same year but go back an forth to sharpen up my skills an still i aint satisfied but ,im my worst cridict anyways , maken beats is funn so dont try to overdue it , music comes to u rather then forcen it .it wont come out as natural.

jus pactice i do everyday when every i get a chance , even if aint feeling the beat i still save everything ,

someone told me once - !!a manns trash is a mann treasure !!

i forgot to mention ' what every daw u use or equipment try too master it as much as u can cause thats what helps u express your self an aswell it helps u get aquainted with your equipment or daw an helps the process

Last edited:
Practice, practice, practice.
Everyone does things differently.
Experiment with all your tools and you'll eventually figure it all out and find a way to do things in a way that suites you.

yea im new to producin also and ^^^dis is wat i do

watched a bunch of youtube vids n experimented n practiced
trial & error>>>

ty for the advide, ill keep peeping game like some dude on one of the vids i watched said. Havent found anything on here though under techniques n stuff.

practice makes perfect man. also everyone does things differently. we all chop and sequence differently im sure as well. so its hard to say hey do it this way because tehre is no 1 way to make beats

practice makes perfect man. also everyone does things differently. we all chop and sequence differently im sure as well. so its hard to say hey do it this way because tehre is no 1 way to make beats
i overstand u bro.
For now, slicex is working for me,well i havent really leanred how to stretch the pieces out(time stretch)(Tonal).

time stretch is overrated. Ive been producing since 2003 and never figured it out or used it for that matter lol

I actually think youtube vids may hamper the creative process early on. They're great for inspiration but if your trying to learn how to set up a sequence, or how to implement sampling etc, you may find yourself trying to master doing it the way the person in the vid is doing it rather than developing your own workflow. I think you should listen to your influences and try to do something similar with whatever hardware/software your using. Once you figure it out it will literally just snowball into you developing your own approach, preferences, and workflow.

slicex is good at times, for now ill try dragging n dropping the sample into the sequencer.
ill just keep experimenting.

Back