New to sampling and having problems with the tempo!

RobDiamond

I'm having problems with tempos of samples going in & out of time.

for example

Coldplay - Midnight

I put it in FL studio 10 and get the tempo right and hen 20 seconds into the track it goes off tempo, is there anyway round this? I'm just picking up the sampling game now but I know my way around FL.

any suggestions or solutions would be decent.

Cheers people.

you are experiencing every samplers nightmare - the fact that real musicians do not stick to a strict drum machine like tempo, but vary according to current musical needs

best you can hope to do is to map out each beat and set your tempo to match the subtle shifts in tempo as they occur

okay, maybe you havnt looped it yet, in a programmed way ?!

maybe the sample is looped but not correctly , like the beats of the sample is looped in a way that will make it start behind your drums

To help isolate the problem, may I suggest that you try a track that you know to maintain one tempo throughout.

i would say cut/chop bits and pieces of the song and make the loop fit to tempo or load two versions of the loop and time stretch one of them to fit the tempo...

You should really try to only chop up to 8 bars at a time if the drummer can't keep a consistent bpm through 8 bars you shouldn't sample them anyway

Back