New to producing-want to use samples-sound "old school"

pittguy578

I am new to hip-hop production-not new to use. I am just trying to get my feet wet. I do not have trouble putting songs together with sample packs-they are elementary..

What I want to do is try to make and use my own samples..sort of like an old school sound. I am not sure how to just life a baseline re Black Moon's Buck Em Down...or how to get it the sample from "Joe Public This One's for you" ..trying to piece together Representin 93 by Tupac.

What programs should I use? I am using Fruity Loops and Sonar now-not sure how to edit the raw audio files to get them to sound like the songs. Any assistance is appreciated.

THe best sampler chopper out there is Recycle imo. Its pricey but well worth it. Since you have FL you already have the Fruity Slicer which I hear is equally good. If they dont work for you get an audio editor and chop that way.

slice x and edison work good for choppin up samples in fl. fruity slicer is decent too, but is more drumloop oriented.

...How do I not know what Im talking about?

FL Slicer is not meant just for drum loops. I actually prefer it to the FPC lately. IMO

Back