nas - the world is yours, samplequestion

fn86

i cant seem to find the part in the amad jahmal sample that premier has taken for this track, any1 who can help me out? the closest i can find is the part almost last in the song, but its not the exact same...

i thought that the beat was made by pete rock and the part that was sampled is at the end of the song. i think he chopped it a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
juniorwong86 said:
preem is the man though.... a true molder of the sound.

pete is sick wit it too
Ive always liked Pete Rock more. Premo is good, but I think he's overatted...
Besides Pete Rock did produce that track anyway... Premo on Illmatic produced The Intro, NY State Of Mind, an Represent... I got the booklet right in front of me.:D

Both of them are nice with it and are pioneers during the golden age of hip hop. There's no need to compare the two. To be honest, i've studied them both equally and have been in awe at what they can do production wise. Props are due!

Soulful-Alibaster said:
Ive always liked Pete Rock more. Premo is good, but I think he's overatted...
Besides Pete Rock did produce that track anyway... Premo on Illmatic produced The Intro, NY State Of Mind, an Represent... I got the booklet right in front of me.:D

Intro produced by Nas & Faith Newman

NY State of Mind, Memory Lane, and Represent produced by Premier.

That's without looking at the booklet :cool: :cool:

new jacks

yall people dont know a goddam thing.yall prolly heard this album in '98.no one give a **** if u looked in the booklet or not that just proves your a ****in new jack if u knew the **** u can go off top.I know this whole album by heart without lookin at a goddam thing yall new jacks really make me sick especially the ones that make beats yall aint ****in wit me on the beats

optik415 said:
yall people dont know a goddam thing.yall prolly heard this album in '98.no one give a **** if u looked in the booklet or not that just proves your a ****in new jack if u knew the **** u can go off top.I know this whole album by heart without lookin at a goddam thing yall new jacks really make me sick especially the ones that make beats yall aint ****in wit me on the beats
lol, your so pathetic it's sad... Im 16, so do you honestly think I would have been bumping Illmatic when I was 4.
Also if your so obsessive about ish to where you can name production credits of every album off the top of your head you really need help.
Also if your such a production god, post one of your beats on here.

How can you think Primo did it? the sample style and drum programming is so obviously pete rock. he always chooses real emotion-captured riffs.

op-tik ya got words for the young'ns ....let'em feel they are superior to us b/c if we had the equipment even the computers in every room of the house( * like these young'n s now ) we would probably bring thw game to a whole nother level

to answer the original question

to answer the original question, the sample is exactly 4:59 minutes into the song and lasts about 6 seconds. You might have to turn the volume up a bit to catch it.

Pete and Preem go together like cereal an milk. There would be no you(production wise) without either of um so jus give it up.

hate to spoil it for ya'lls but the boom bap style Activist/helping hand) is RICK Ruben look ...go out and get the beastie boys/ll cool j early joints....and see if certain songs we hear now in drum pattern are done with the help of that dude......in hip hop he is not even mentioned anymore...which some forget was also the co-founder of def-jam with credits on alot peoples albums...and yeah he's white....but his sound helped even PETE ROCK PREEM LARGE PROFESS AND BEFORE HIM( RICK RUBEN) HELP INTERLOCKING the boom bap foundation into more of a circle cuz 1st was COOL HERC with the breakbeats and after MANY OTHER DJ'S AND PEOPLE PRODUCING THE MUSIC AND BREAKING OFF INTO THERE OWN STYLES. so if you must say it PETE ROCK TOOK IT OVER INTO SOME FUNK/JAZZ/FUSION SH** WHILE PREEM TOOK IT INTO SOME BLUES/JAZZ/STREET SH**t & DRE GOT SYMPHONY SH*tt THE CLASSICAL SH**t/GANGSTER SH*t

i always thought the sample from nas if i ruled the world was... whodini-friends gotta love old skool hip hop...

the sample

here it is, listen to the whole thing. If you want to find it in the actual song, its about 5 minutes in.

Last edited:
Back