Name your top 3!!!

Name your top 3 genres you usually stick to when sampling.

I've just began but I've sampled some sounds from a few records. Below are my top 3.

1-Hip-Hop(late 90's and 2000's)
2-Soul
3-R&B(mid 80's and 90's)

post your top 3

thanks!!

1. Funk records (1967-1974)
2. Movie soundtracks (1940s-1970s)
3. Miscellanous stuff that I can't classify, but can be found in large quantities at dollar record stores.

1. STRAIGHT AHEAD JAZZ LPs (JJ Johnson, Errol Garner, Ray Brown, Max Roach etc.)
2. SOUND EFFECTS / VOCAL SNIPPET LPs
3. ACAPELLA (for cuts) FROM RAP 12"s

Last edited by a moderator:
1.60's -80's soul
2.jazz
3.anything!from los panchos to neil young

don't really sample much but when i do it's from random rap tracks

Whatever sounds dope, but I prefer forgien records. They usuall have different melodys due to the eastern scale, and of course I love soul, fusion and the drums of funk records.

Lexx Complex said:
1. 70's,80's - funk Ray Parker jr & Raydio
2. 80's soul/R&B - Docbox & B.fresh
3. 60's rock - jefferson airplane
dammit i thought i was the only one up on Ray Parker Jr. well u stay off of a woman needs love i killed that track lol

Xabiton said:
dammit i thought i was the only one up on Ray Parker Jr. well u stay off of a woman needs love i killed that track lol

Raydio and Ray's solo stuff would be some of the most touched breaks and BBoying records ever.

Xabiton said:

Aight as long as you stay away from "for those who like to groove". LOL

heres my top 3:

1. Whatever sounds ill
2. Whatever sounds dope
3. Whatever sounds funky

pretty much stick within the realm of black music from the 60s and 70s, (late 60s/early 70s) but I'll sample anything and everything in between...from sesame street records to bach...

1.Soul/Funk/R&B
2.Jazz
3.Rock (era is the same late 60s early 70s)

I personally stay away from the 80's...its the wackest musical era ever...even the late 70s is heavily "disco" influenced...although you will still find some dope 5hit.

and it all comes down to how you flip it

1.Misc Crap

2.Any Blue Note

3.Jazz

Mostly just whatever though. I've found loops in the most obscure places.
Science fiction records..Soundtracks..instructional records.

1. Soul/Motown

2. Latin/flamenco... its so good (this is my favorite)

3. oriental

Back