an MPC2000 question

BeanTeam

wuddup hip-hop!

i use an MPC2000 (not XL) and i love it n im gettin down with it but i got a couple questions the manual and most others cant answer i was wondering if anyone would shed a little light on this

ive seen people set loops or sequences to pads and have the pads act as a toggle to turn them on or off or mute them, for instance my man Damu the Fudgemunk (if you dont know who he is, get to know him, dudes on another level): vimeo.c0m/7789563 (<<replace "0" with "o")

that seems pretty advanced but if anyone knows how to set it up like that, itd be much appreciated

but on the less complex: when i save my samples to floppy as SND, and load them again, i always gotta adjust the volume and tuning and decay etc. etc. to how i had it before,

this aint major issue but it would definitely make things less of a hassle n quicker to show people a number of beats in a row

can i save my edits?

thanks yo, peace n love

-Maj

do u gotta extra external scsi floppy drive?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

or the OS on a floppy disk.?

THe mute tracks thing is in the manual. I dont have mine on me and I dont remember off hand how to do it because I do my drops and stuff on the pc. As far as I know about the samples you gotta save them with your edits already there or they wont come back I didnt have that problem when I made sound edits.

do u gotta extra external scsi floppy drive?

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

or the OS on a floppy disk.?

yessir, got the OS on a floppy but no external drive just the one in the mahine, why?

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

THe mute tracks thing is in the manual. I dont have mine on me and I dont remember off hand how to do it because I do my drops and stuff on the pc. As far as I know about the samples you gotta save them with your edits already there or they wont come back I didnt have that problem when I made sound edits.

so u make your edits and just save the sound and it keeps them that way? or is there an option to alter the sound so it stays the way it is edited before saving?

the machine saves what it has. meaning u edit it and save it and it keeps that if u make further changes it doesnt go back and save it again for u

Back