Mpc Help Badly!!!

B

Barz & Beats

I See Alot Of THreads On Here, And It Seems To Be Very Helpfull//Freindly, So Heres Tha Deal, I Need Help On Sampling, Is Their ANY sites//threads already out that gives STEP BY STEP sampling on tha MPC 2000 XL ???

Because, One Of My Friends Say That I Shuld Jus Start Out Like:

1. HOLD and PRESS : SHIFT 4 ((sample))

Then From Their I Have No Clue Where 2 GO?? Like, I Have a Turntable ((GEMINI XL 100)), But I dunt Know Where Tha Cords Are Suppose 2 Be ON Tha Mpc..... An If I Shuld Be Recording from "DIGITAL" or "ANALOG" on tha MPC???

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz, IS Their Anyone THat Can Help With This Problem??? If So, Itll Be GREATLY APPRECIATED.....

you want to be using the analog jacks. unless you have a digital tt, which i doubt.

press shift + record.. the sample page comes up... u hook your turn table to the "record in" in the back... play the record, fix the volume so that it doesnt peak... and record whenever u hear that sound u want...

THA Record In ??? but That Isnt a "BLACK AN YELLOW" cord, its just a MIcrophone//headphonoe Plug In...., An I Dont Have a comp. right Now, Im On MySidekick....

:rolleyes:yeah man if you have not figured it out by now then read the manuel

Last edited by a moderator:
Bars, Peace,
What I am about to say, you need to follow step by step.

1. On your MPC200xl Take the Main volume knob and turn it 12 o'clock so it hits right in the middle.

2. On your Record player cords I know you will have RCA jacks, now you must take those and put them in RCA to TRS convertors. Take the end of the TRS which is quarter inch jack and stick those in the back of the MPC, RECORD IN= LEFT AND RIGHT Then, Press shift and #4(Sample) and the screen should come up. Play your record and you will see the meters jump passed the level Meter threshold. Leave the Input on Analog. Never record when the threshold hit all the way to the end, this causes distortion. Now on the MPC you could turn up Record gain, I personally leave this off because it picks up a lot of air. Set your time from 10.0s= seconds to whatever time you want other than ten seconds. You should be good.

Last edited:
Back