Mpc 2000XL timestretching and bpm question

italo1

I'm new to the mpc, like not even a week yet. Of the many things that I'm scratching my head over the thing right now that's confusing me is timestretching and the bpm. When are you supposed to get the bpm's and when are you supposed to timestretch if you have to? Is it as soon as you load yur sample, after you've chopped your sample???? I'm not sure and this is probably a pretty stupid question but some help would be much appreciated.
P.S. If any of you know any tricks or tips to timestretch I would really like to know.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

All MPC timestretching is bs pretty much. I've been on the 1000 for a year and a half and i still can't figure out how to use it properly so don't even bother, just hook your MPC up to a computer and use timestretch through protools, Nuendo, soundforge ect. That should get the job done just as well. If anyone reading this post does know how to use the MPC timestretch though, PLEASE post it, i guarentee alot of ppl here are in the same boat as us.
peace.

The key thing about using timestretch on the MPC is finding the right preset. Use a BPM analyzer on the comp to get the tempo of the entire song you took the sample from, then use that BPM on the MPC in the BPM field of timestretch. If you timestretch your sample and it comes out messed up, try it again with a different preset. Trial and error son.

mg_88 said:
All MPC timestretching is bs pretty much. I've been on the 1000 for a year and a half and i still can't figure out how to use it properly so don't even bother, just hook your MPC up to a computer and use timestretch through protools, Nuendo, soundforge ect. That should get the job done just as well. If anyone reading this post does know how to use the MPC timestretch though, PLEASE post it, i guarentee alot of ppl here are in the same boat as us.
peace.
i disagree,the timestretch on the mpc is a trial and error if u ask me(just as jrtmoney said).. it works fine for me.. my only knock on it is the wait, but it's worth it.... sometimes when i chop a sample into 6 pieces or so, there may be a very tiny gap, time stretching helps fill that gap... i love the feature.. i also use it for hihats to "add a bit of air" on it....

Back