Mpc 16 levels

K

Kenneth_Supreme

Sup FP ? I have been messing with beats for a while now and as I think my skills are growing I feel that..........ahh f*ck it. Let me get to the point.

I'm a sampled based beat-maker. Im a neophyte at that. But I really want to know how I can get that MPC 16 Level effect to work for Ableton. I want to Pitch my sample without speeding up the tempo. I keep hearing...''transpose knob''. Yeah, I know where its located and how to use it, but it speeds up the tempo of my sample. I don't want that. Any good videos on Youtube, or a brief explanation that can help me out ? Do I have to warp my sample first ?

But regardless... I also got Maschine, and that shit is off the meat rack. Highly recommend it. The software for it has some great Drum Kits as well as sounds. But I cannot believe they do not have that ''MPC 16 LEVEL'' timestretching feature in it. I know u can use plug ins, but damn that is Maschines only downfall. Will there be a software update ?

Peace to all yall.

yeah you want to pitch it digitally and transpose it if you want to do it that way. timestretch it. and resample it is an idea if your that bothered. sounds like a new software update will be coming soon.

but from the flip, by pitching it up normally i.e. speeding/slowing the sample up/down kev brown is producer who 16 levels or 8 levels(to save space ont he board) everything with a mpc 2000 which doesnt timestretch or at least he doesnt like it that way. where it speeds up the sample. and sounds clear and soulful.

probably not the answer you want sorry.

16 level doesnt stretch anything, and it does change the tempo

also its possible to re create 16 levels with any Daw

16 level is the same as throwing a sound in the Piano Roll and playing it on the keyboard. but on the MPC you only have 16 pitch-level at the same time while in FL Studio you have your entire keyboard.

This does sound like a problem which is why it's weird I've never run into this. In Ableton, you're gonna want the Simpler instrument, which is basically 16 levels only with like 200. From what I understand, timestretch is the same as transposing and the other way around. Something to do with lower frequencies having longer wavelengths, making them slower. If you speed up/slow down a record, the pitch will also change. I believe a true timestretch effect that doesn't change the pitch is just corrupting your sound (by playing bits farther apart or cutting out small pieces of the sound). As stated above, you're probably either gonna have to just accept it like in Albany or chop shit up further so the pitch doesn't affect your pattern.

Back