MPC 1000 vinyl sampling help please

jmanpelayo

jmanpelayo
So I thought that I would need a mixer in order to sample vinyl records, however, I was recently told that if the turntable has a built in preamp that the mixer is not necessary. Is this true? If so, would this turntable be suitable so that I can start sampling directly to the MPC. Is the price and quality on this ok for sampling. Thanks y'all.

Here's the link to the table:
Amazon.com: Audio Technica AT-LP60 Fully Automatic Stereo Turntable System, Silver: Audio Technica At-Lp60 Belt-Drive Turntable: Musical Instruments

If the turntable has a line-level output then you're good to go. If it doesn't you can get a phono-preamp (from £10 upwards here in the UK) and you're good to go.

However. A DJ mixer will give you more options. Enable you to sample scratches/cuts. Allow you to cut or boost EQ pre recording.

DJ Tech are currently making a very basic, affordable, 2-channel scratch mixer that's receiving good reviews from people on some of the other forums I use. Can't remember the model at the moment but sure a quick Google search will sort you out.

That said... The LP60 isn't a deck that you'd scratch on... You could save for the LP120 which is a decent deck of buy a used direcet drive table.

Back