Moving to digital guitar

CyborgNinja1000

Hello everyone. This might be a long thread with a lot of questions so please bear with me lol I don't have much money and want to make sure I make the best purchasing choices.

I have a crappy amp and also use fl studio to make some edm music. I would like to plug my guitar into my computer and play through FL. The music I want to write requires a lot of effects and I don't have the kind of money for all those pedals. I have been doing some research and many people say that you should get an audio interface such as the focusrite scarlet solo

I see other places selling just basic usb cable converters that connect your guitar into your computer. I want to eventually take my guitar into a studio and record an album that I have been working on so I don't know if a $100 audio interface is worth it.

Should I invest money in a good audio interface for playing through my computer?

FL comes with many effects. Can I assign these effects to my guitar and have them work in real time? For example, can I assign my guitar a delay and reverb effect and have it active while I am playing rather than just apply it to a recording?

I want my album to have a professional mix to it and here's what I am planning on doing: Purchase the audio interface/usb. I will use FL studio to make backing pads (lots of ambient work here) and sample drum patterns. I will get all my guitar parts down and then go into a studio to record.

I will record vocals and guitar in studio (I will just bring my laptop and plug into their sound system or just save my FL on a flash drive and bring that in and connect to their computer) and my friend will play drums.

Since I will be playing through a computer would I need to buy high end speakers? I am planning on buying decent ones for at home practicing but could I just hook up to the ones at the recording studio when I go to record or would i need to bring my computer with the speakers and record like that?

I actually only have the demo for FL studio now. This might be a dumb question but are you legally allowed to release music on the demo version? Would I need to purchase it and credit it in my album?

I might record some guitar and vocal parts at home if I can. Should you bring already recorded parts to a studio to save time?

Sorry if this thread was a little unorganized I am on break at work. I would really appreciate the help, thanks!

Last edited:
Back