movie samples

Watch movies. Look up the soundtrack to said movie. buy said soundtrack. Go from there.

Or if it's a particular sound you want from a movie that's not available on CD. Find a way to hook your television up to a computer to record the sound.

Some great composers of my taste are Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, Thomas Newman, Harry Gregson Williams.. Give them a chance and see if they suits your taste. But keep in mind that these composers are very popular, so don't expect that your sample are 99.9% unknown unless you chop and flip them properly. :)

what type of movie samples ya lookin for? vocal or scores?

I'm looking for vocal samps

You'll find something really interesting in soundtracks from 70's Italian B-Movies...Regards the vocals, a lot of Italian composers of that era used to collaborate with female sopranos (example, Edda dell'Orso with Ennio Morricone). I'm pretty sure you'll find it great.

i'm getting ready to work on this today.

i suppose the samples are not legit unless cleared just like sampleing music though

i'm getting ready to work on this today.

i suppose the samples are not legit unless cleared just like sampleing music though

I think that there are no differences between sampling soundtracks or whatever. If you're searching for voice effects, try with Dario Argento soundtracks, they were horror film and it's very frequent to find little sonorization parts coming from the film scenes inside the original Soundtrack record.

Not too long ago I extracted the audio from "The Rite" an chopped it up. I got some real good stuff from it. I was gunna post it up but I thought I might catch some shit for it.

I chopped up a 2 minute scene from "The One Armed Swordsman" and made a Wu Tang style beat. LOL
This was made over a year ago before I knew what I was doing, but..........

Last edited:
I flipped the spaceballs theme song and I flipped some songs from Shaft's Big Score. Those are two popular movies but I've flipped soundtracks to horror films. Kev Brown said he got an ambiance sound from an old Superman movie soundtrack.

yeah, i'm lookin more for just random quotes and stuff for interludes, or intro's or stuff along those lines. i'mma keep my ears open and stay diggin

find a movie you like, find it on youtube the clip your looking for, copy youtube address take it over to Keepvid.com save as MP3 slice that badboy out of it and mix it into your mix

I've flipped a song off the Mr Show show. I've also flipped a big childrens movie maker's thetrical movie release, but I'm not saying the name of the company due to the legal action that could possibly be taken.

But anyways I rip the audio straight off the DVD's into mp3 or wav format. Usually just mp3 to save space.

I would highly recommend you not try and sell these beats made with samples from movies, unless you wanna get sued.

Watch movies. Look up the soundtrack to said movie. buy said soundtrack. Go from there.

Or if it's a particular sound you want from a movie that's not available on CD. Find a way to hook your television up to a computer to record the sound.

Definitely agree here :)

Vocal samples as in singing or plain speaking? If you are talking about regular spoken samples, YouTube is a great place to find classic quotes from movies.

Back