Most Underated Producer

D

damanja10

Who do you think is the most underated producer of all time?

I know a lot of people are gonna say Jay Dee, but
I think it's Evil Dee.

If you dissagree go listen to Black Moon- Enta Da Stage

u know i think just blaze is just over looked cuz kanye gets most of the credit for rocafella producers hey kanye is crazy as hell but still just blaze and 9th needs more recognition

I think Just Blaze is overrated. Breathe was amazing. but everything else he does is just loop he rarely chops his samples.

damanja10 said:
I think Just Blaze is overrated. Breathe was amazing. but everything else he does is just loop he rarely chops his samples.

And....

Too much is made on how 'complex' or 'simple' a beat is...

Sampling is more than how well you can chop a sample... it's also how good of an ear you have...cuz alot of **** Blaze picks out... I would NEVER record off the record... and he makes BANGERS out of them...

But beyond that... I don't think anybody you guys have mentioned are real producers... not even Blaze and that's my homie...

Dupri gets NO credit... and he has single handedly made careers... Bow, JE, Mariah, he brought Usher back...Da Brat...

Last edited by a moderator:
damanja10 said:
and its hot too. the thing is his loops are hotter than most other cats super chopped beats

kid848 said:

And....

Too much is made on how 'complex' or 'simple' a beat is...

Sampling is more than how well you can chop a sample... it's also how good of an ear you have...cuz alot of **** Blaze picks out... I would NEVER record off the record... and he makes BANGERS out of them...

But beyond that... I don't think anybody you guys have mentioned are real producers... not even Blaze and that's my homie...

Dupri gets NO credit... and he has single handedly made careers... Bow, JE, Mariah, he brought Usher back...Da Brat...
AMEN TO ALL OF THAT. JD is the only producer to spend years at the top and get no kind of love for it

J Dilla

Madlib

Just Blaze definitely isn't overrated, even though he loops, his songs are bangin'

Prince Paul

bogdock said:

And Scott Storc compistion is hotter than both Blazes loops + 9th Wonders chops combined...WTF Is ur point?

lol...sure they are...

Storch and his 4-5 tight beats don't compare to Blaze's body of work...

kid848 said:

Dupri's talent is all bought fame. His beats are lame and he relys on gimmics. I mean he "invented" Kriss Kross, with his dad anyway. That's always been thier thing. Find a gimmic and fund it untill it makes money. I almost never like a single song he has produced or been featured on except that "Fresh as I'm is" Bow track. The beat and track is dope. But if it sounded a little less like a J. D. beat it would be even better. And I'm from the A. Even if he offered to sign me I might check it out then if it sounded anything like his signiture work then I would turn it down. Same thing with DTP. Luda is one of the tightest feature artist but his tracks get so annoying. And I blame the producer.

Morning_Star said:

Dupri's talent is all bought fame. His beats are lame and he relys on gimmics. I mean he "invented" Kriss Kross, with his dad anyway. That's always been thier thing. Find a gimmic and fund it untill it makes money. I almost never like a single song he has produced or been featured on except that "Fresh as I'm is" Bow track. The beat and track is dope. But if it sounded a little less like a J. D. beat it would be even better. And I'm from the A. Even if he offered to sign me I might check it out then if it sounded anything like his signiture work then I would turn it down. Same thing with DTP. Luda is one of the tightest feature artist but his tracks get so annoying. And I blame the producer.

I def. disagree...

I **** w/ 99% of Bow Wow's singles... and the R n B songs he's produced have been crazy!

Back