Morals

A

Adversary

I got morals when i do sample off records.. I dont sample alot, just got a half a crate of records to flip through and take sounds i like...
But, i have morals! for example.. i would never think of sampling jimi hendrix' guitar. Do any of yall sample hendrix?
I would hope not.
I only take pieces that i think people would miss in a record, i got a nack for findin some hidden treasures.
What about u?

I think you are F*king retarded.... Why would you not sample it. If anything you're introducing a new generation to a legend that would otherwise be forgotten.

Make your music however you want.

Damn Verbal... lol

Yea homes, your view of moral correctness as it applies to sampling is twisted. To say you would sample parts of a record "no one would miss" is kinda meaningless, thats subjective shiz and can't be factual. If you're sampling you're sampling. The hidden treasures you find are still somebody's treasures, regardless of how less important you think it. My moral take on sampling is to not over do it, the sample can lead the beat but not BE the beat. Also give credit.

Last edited:
the only moral for me is not to flip a loop from a record you know people would get at. Especially if being turned into a mediocre hip hop beat that puts shame to the original.

Sometimes I can't help myself though. :confused:

Sample anything you can. If its hot, its hot. Don't sample something if u cant make a sick record out of it. But NEVER be afraid to sample anything..

I would deffinitley sample hendrix, he is one of the greatest guitarists of all time. did you know that T.I.'s "What you know about that" samples the interpolation to hendrix's Hey Joe?

what you know is like an interpolation of 100 different songs cus there are so many songs w/ that lead tune. i'll sample everything

Hell did you ever hear Wu-Tang's "I Can't Go To Sleep"? Morals is for something else but not for making music! Art never had morals..

Back