Modernbeats.com

K

K-9

Has anyone ever purchased drums from this site?

If so, were you satisfied with the product????????

Modernbeats R okay. U should try some samples from www.banginbeats.com and also www.onestopbeats.com. Holla!!

search the whole forum, there's something dodgy goin on with modernbeats. i was readin a thread sayin somethink allthough i forget what.

when you buy modenbeats you buy for their sound, most of their kits are similar, but "sound" wise there dffrent, i have a ton of their kits that were purchased at diffrent times, im satisfied wit hthem

ok i think i remember, here goes:

they copywrite all their sounds. the debated was whether it was copywritten to stop other companies selling the same sample sets, or whehter they could sue you for using there sounds in your songs

I have some Modernbeats kits. I like them, they serve me well when I'm trying to do nowadays type stuff. I still get most of my drums from vinyl though.

the truthe™ said:
ok i think i remember, here goes:

they copywrite all their sounds. the debated was whether it was copywritten to stop other companies selling the same sample sets, or whehter they could sue you for using there sounds in your songs

They cannot sue you for using the sounds. They can only sue you if you resell the sounds as a soundset.

theyre sounds are straight at best. but anyone can cut sounds from dre songs and say its a Dr Dre kit and then "Copyright" it.

i dont like the modernbeats kits, i own a lot of them and i really like my drums from vinyls a lot!!! more than the modernbeats ones. They sound way too "plasticy"

Xabiton said:
theyre sounds are straight at best. but anyone can cut sounds from dre songs and say its a Dr Dre kit and then "Copyright" it.

word, didnt you get banned at some point, because of those queers.

Like it was said earlier, you would just be paying for their sound. The sets all sound too similar to me though and a little plasticy or over eq'd or i can't quite put my finger on it. I don't think the dre kits sound like dre and the Tim kits don't sound like tim either to me anyway. Bangin beats are better for my liking. More diversity.

I bought modernbeat kits. all of them actually. The only good samples are the Neptunian kits. The rest...could be good but the samples of the drums are VERY VERY poor quality and length clipped. The neptunian ones are perfect though. Although i would have to say they all sound the same. There is very little variety. I was disapointed with every other kit, to sum it up.

Back