Mockingbird sample?

K

kvnsgnsh

where can i get a Mockingbird sample and im not talkin about eminem's song there was somebody else who sang this but i have no idea whos that anybody ??

big timothy said:
Mock YEAH

Ing YEAH

Bird YEAH

Sing YEAH

lol

Its from the movie "Dumb & Dumber"

Classic...

But no, I don't know where a good sample of a mockingbird would be.

Edit: There used to be a whole huge list of sample sites in one thread, but I can't find it now. I tried googling it, and this is all I came up with...

Mockingbird Sample

Enjoy!

Seriously, though, I did find this...

http://www.naturesongs.com/birds.html

I don't see a mockingbird sample, but they have a bunch of other bird calls that you might be able to substitute.

Last edited:
lmao man that sh1t is wack lol,i wanted some melody you kno but its ok i'll try to play it out of da piano

Just to clarify Eminem didn't sample the song from a real vinyl record, he just used the melody of the children's lullaby song and had one of his musicians REPLAY it. I mean, it's just a piano and drums and a little violin in the background. If you check the production credits, there's no credit to the author of the original song, because I heard that no one originally copyrighted the song since it's a little children's song that got passed by from nannys and daycares.

The big difference between sampling a song off a record and just replaying it is usually a quite large amount of money. It's much cheaper to have someone replay it and only have to pay a mechanical license instead of paying usually 5-10x more to get the full sample off the record cleared.

replaying a song is called interpolation..

dtwizzle you made one mistake though:

the mechanical license is for the actual sound recording.

so when replaying you don't need to clear the mechanical lisence but only the copyright, and when sampling you need to clear both the copyright and the mechanical license

Back