Maschine + Ableton sample workflow?

NKD2

Do you guys do all your chopping flipping stretching in maschine, and THEN arrange in another DAW?

I'm trying to figure out warping samples and if its worth it to get through this in Ableton, or if i should just stick to what I do in Maschine.
Any advantages of warping and pitching, etc in Ableton vs Maschine when chopping samples?
I definitely prefer the maschine controller for slicing over mouse clicks in the DAW...Any help appreciated!!:D

A friend of mine tried to talk me into Ableton years ago.
I gave it a shot about a month or two ago, my maschine has been collecting dust since...

The warp tool is your new best friend if you;

- Sample from multiple songs
- Like to fit things together that weren't meant to cooperate
- Like to alter the melody and/or rhythm of a piece to suit your desires

If Maschine patched in a warp tool, Id go back to it yesterday.
Ableton is so simple to use in my opinion, its super fast to do things that took me several clicks, spins, copies, stretches etc... in maschine.

Disclaimer: I have no grammy nominations, and make music in my basement. Take anything i say with a grain of salt

Update:

This video on lynda.com goes over marrying your Maschine to Ableton in a very harmonious matrimony. Very detailed, and explains various topics such as:

Using Maschine as plug-in to Ableton.
Using Ableton as the sequencer for Mascine
Using Maschine as the midi controller for Ableton.

I just watched it, I'm anxious to get home and dust off my Maschine.

I was gonna say,...there has to be a way to use Maschine with Ableton...I personally would have never given up on creating my own templates/presets/MIDI maps if I had already invested in Maschine and wanted to migrate into Ableton and would have ventured into it myself if it wasnt there vs placing my controller on the shelf...but,

With that being said, Ableton does have some unique warping abilities and makes it easy to adapt to what you want to do once you take a few hours to learn it.

Back