Making Lists.

KelevraOne

Not too Kelevra son
I'm curious because I use this as a process when choosing songs to sample. If I hear a song I like and hear a part I might think about sampling. I pull out the handy dandy phone, bring out the notepad and write title and artist(if I know them) for future sampling usage. Does anyone else do this? Let me know

I do that, but I either add them to my own private playlist on you tube, or I write it down in word on my computer.

man i got like 50 to 60 gb of music to sample alone dont get me started plus like 4 gb of breaks an i got two 250 gb hard drives i keep as much as i can then clean it up every 2 weeks.. itry to dowload as much as i can from utube ..plus i got like 4gb of all kinds of drums ..and i got a gripp i mean a gripp of bookmarks lol

Last edited:
man i got like 50 to 60 gb of music to sample alone dont get me started plus like 4 gb of breaks an i got two 250 gb hard drives i keep as much as i can then clean it up every 2 weeks.. itry to dowload as much as i can from utube ..plus i got like 4gb of all kinds of drums ..and i got a gripp i mean a gripp of bookmarks lol

Haha, I have a terrabite (internal) hard drive, plus another terrabite for external, I'm currently using my external as back up, but I reckon in less than a year, I'll be needing another hard drive...

I got 94GB straight flac & mp3 320. I only need 1gb of drums at the most. Once you get so many gigs of drums half of its bullshit and the other half you got the same sounds lol.I accidentally deleted my breaks salty but it's all in the music so it dnt matter. Whats good bruh ain't heard from you in uh min

I write down everything.

I have one of them little notepads I bring just about everywhere.

I'll write down new songs I heard that I like, songs I plan to sample, parts of a song I want to make similar to another song and much much more.

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

When I learn to write music shit's about to be a little obsessive TBH.

Yeah that, lyrics adn many more stuff on my iPod. I tend to forget with or without the note... you know, that SPECIFIC IDEA, will only work on that moment, and if you loose the opportunity, then your creative idea is gone, most likely that is.

I started a routine of listening to records with a noted nearby and whenever I hear something I write down the artist song and time in the song I wish to sample. Then whenever I wish to start a new beat or feel something is missing from a current beat I'm working on I go back to the notebook and flip through to see if anything looks like it might fit (i also take lil notes on the side of each song describing the vibe, instruments, bpm etc.)

I ve tried to get a list going but I ve always either end up losing it or forget to write in it. Now I solely rely on memory which could be hit and miss, haha

I ve tried to get a list going but I ve always either end up losing it or forget to write in it. Now I solely rely on memory which could be hit and miss, haha

haha actually to be 100% honest I haven't written in mine in ages, and i think i only did it for 2 or 3 records n that was it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back