M-Audio Axiom 25 Key

Youngblaze

The Red Army Productions
Hey i was wondering if any of you own it and if you do how was your experience with it

this keyboard has both a keyboard and a pad sampler in it.

i got it and its cool, has the transport controls for more ease. the knobs are way more accurate and they click. so if u want precise MIDI knob controls Axiom has em, the pads are nice and soft just like the Trigger Fingers.

I got this controller 2. The keys are semi weighted and you really notice that when you play. The only thing that is giving me problems is setting the controls to the right settings.

But that is more becaus that I'm lazy as hell and dont feel like setting up everthing manually.
For the pads they work great with minor bug that some times when you hit ones they act like you pressed them 2 times quickly.

I'm verry satisfied with it but I'm trying to save up some cash to buy his biggest brother I dont like having only 2 octaves to play with.

yea it is way better than the Korg Microkontrol. the keys are twice as big and so are the pads.

Youngblaze said:
Hey i was wondering if any of you own it and if you do how was your experience with it

this keyboard has both a keyboard and a pad sampler in it.

worth every cent of your money. i love mines

Jersey8five6 said:
yea it is way better than the Korg Microkontrol. the keys are twice as big and so are the pads.

I wanted that one before I could my Axiom, but after I had seen it and felt the knobs I was totally disappointment by it. BTW the MicroKontrol is also alot more expensive for what you get. THe pads are not even close to those of the Axiom

yea i got the 25 key version and i'm very satisfied. the pads are nice to have and they are big enough unlike the microkontrol.

DaRamirez said:
I got this controller 2. The keys are semi weighted and you really notice that when you play. The only thing that is giving me problems is setting the controls to the right settings.

But that is more becaus that I'm lazy as hell and dont feel like setting up everthing manually.
For the pads they work great with minor bug that some times when you hit ones they act like you pressed them 2 times quickly.

I'm verry satisfied with it but I'm trying to save up some cash to buy his biggest brother I dont like having only 2 octaves to play with.

there is a user group that might be able to cure your laziness:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/M-Audio_Enigma/

-cF

I got the 49 key one. The pads are cool i guess, i don't use them. Same with the knobs and sliders. I'm lazy, i don't find them useful. What's nice is if you have a sound module, you can control it off the board. So for me, it's nice to not have to move around. Second, transport is all there, again, helpful. So it keeps your hands off the mouse. The main thing is the keys. Very good for the money. I had a cheapo 49e before which lasted me like 4 years, still works. I knew the keys sucked but didn't realize how much until i bought this. Night and day difference. It's pretty big for a controller though, i'd rather drop $50, some size and skip the knobs, sliders and pads.

Back