Loop CD

jmbriley

Do you all think it is legally OK to use loop CDs that are royalty free in my songs if their loops are really just backgrounds within my songs and I chop them up and pitch them. I have some Ejay and Magix loop CD and both of them say royalty free but I think you have to put disclaimers in your packaging like Made with Magix or Created with Ejay and what not.

nah if its royalty free then your good to go and dont need to write a thing about where you got it from.
safe

When I called magix they said If the loop has more then three consecutive audible beats of one of theyr'e loops a sticker has to be put on the cd that ses magix. BUT U can sell the beat and as far as I know the buyer doesnt have to put it on the beat. But I have no idea. The way I look at it is, If I dont get a more detailed answer, they cant sue me. Dont think about it, just make good music.

i wouldnt put anything on if they are royalty free. the only loops ive ever used are drum loops, and those they wouldnt be able to do anything about anyway.

Back