Looking for a jazz drum sample similar to this:

redvillage

This is a long shot, but I've written a song and I know exactly what kind of drums I want for it:

Now obviously the problem is that these incredible drums are buried under a bass and a piano, and I've no way of digging them out. There is a drum solo around the 5:30 mark that I'm trying to chop, but the intensity of it doesn't quite suit the song I have. The opening bars are perfect for my idea however, so I figured I'd ask if anyone knows a song with anything similar. Been going through a million jazz intros and drum solos looking for tha one... I know it's very specific, and being a 3/4 time signature I don't really expect much, but I thought I'd ask anyway in case anybody happens to know the right drum intro...

Last edited:
Try to find on youtube [h=1]Igor Bril Jazz Ensemble - Utro Zemli (FULL ALBUM, jazz-funk, 1978, USSR)[/h]
and listen to drumbreak at 4-30. Not 3/4 but still hope it will work.

A couple of suggestions-- Look for the original "Drum Drops" recordings (LP's); I'm pretty sure there is standard 3/4, and possibly a jazz waltz as well. Another few places to look would be Max Roach's "Jazz in 3/4 Time," or Dave Brubeck's "Time Out;" there are probably some exposed drums on one or both of them.

If you're writing a song (proper), rather than just beat-making, why not simply program your own jazz waltz (and avoid copyright infringement altogether)? Need help? PM me if so, or ask Band Coach (or search his voluminous posts); it won't be that hard to make your own if you have some software or hardware tools, and you can customize to just what you want...

GJ

Back