Just realised sampling suits me better

audiomousse

I been having a low time with the music because i been trying to produce from total scratch, and minimum sampling... The reson for this was i had 2 take downs on sampled productions on you tube :( ... although i can create from scratch they take longer and the inspiration only hits after ages of messing about. But getting sampled beats, synths and so for inspire lots more.. the instant i play a good beat i know where i will go with it and the structure is already there... is time to go back to sapling i think. i got 5 original productions in the making but cant seem to finalize any, if they were sampled they would already be done............. sorry for tittle misspell, cant even know how to change it :(

Last edited:
Sounds like you have sampled more than composed so it's quite natural to be able to vision the beat better when sampling.. Also, it would probably depend on the way you approach composing, ie. do you start with a track/melody in mind or start by laying down some chords and try to come up with something from there.

If youtube took it down over copyright, maybe you should try & manipulate the samples so that they are your own, taking a 4 bar loop (not saying you did) and putting drums over it is just plagiarism. Sampling is taking parts of other songs & gluing them together to make something completely unique.Its not any Easier or less complicated than composing melodies on your own, they are just two different games. Hope you get your mojo back, stay up.
www.medl4.bandcamp.com

If youtube took it down over copyright, maybe you should try & manipulate the samples so that they are your own, taking a 4 bar loop (not saying you did) and putting drums over it is just plagiarism.
Looping is sampling as well. Plenty of dope beats are based on loops.

Why stick to just one? If you can combine your sampling with your original productions then your music will be the best of both worlds.

sampling brings out a certain sound thats hard to recreate yourself from scratch.....do whatever feels good!

Do both.Many people sample.Many people are against it.Personally im 50/50.But my beats are like 95/5 Original. I have alot of samples from those packs where its artist themed and made very nice tracks.But in the same breath i know i can really sell any beats that have samples unless there flipped completely.

Just do both.Keep your sampling pace and still practice on your own original content.

Its all art.Hip hop was flourished from it .

Back