Just felt so good when i heard this sample and how it was flipped

Red_Orb

It's off a Dudley Perkins joint called Separate Ways. Madlib sampled Brenda Fassie's Weekend Special... Dude that joint was tha bomb!!!! I'm just posting this here cause I was looking for it on WhoSampled just to see if they got it. Sh*t had me so dissapointed but I figured it ain't so bad but if you ain't ever heard it before This is the Brenda Joint... and that right there is the Dudley joint. The sample got slowed down so hard I'm not even fully sure it's the sample to be honest, I just get that cold chill down my spine cause of the memories that joint brings about

lol, I feel you man. I get kinda discouraged when I find a rare sample, and Dilla, Premier, 9th, or Madlib already used it. I'm so picky with samples now that I like to be the first to find them.

True, but dammit i wish my flips sounded that nice... You think that can be attributed to analogue gear? can you reach the same results digitally?

Don't think that is the sample. Whosampled says it was "Fantasy" by Brandi Wells. I can't post links but check it out

phew... I thought I was hearing Madlib pull some Master Yoda sampling techniques... the whosampled joint sounds exactly the same but slower, I guess Brenda just borrowed everything from the joint but the lyrics and sped it up a touch.

Lyrics don't quite much Weekend Special. But would be cool if a south african song was sampled

Back