Just Bought My First Mpc

S

sonakasos

I just picked up my Mpc 2000xl from the Post Office today and I'm so stoked to have it. I already know what upgrades I want for it and everything. The only question I ask is, what is a good external SCSI CD Drive to get for it? I don't want to spend too much for it, but it would be nice to have when I want to sample some CDs. I know this isn't the right thread to post this in, but I hope you guys understand how excited I am to finally add an Mpc to my collection. Thanks in advance.

congradulations !!!!!!!

Thanks man! I was like a little kid on Christmas. As soon as I sat down in my car, I began ripping the box open and pulled the Mpc out, sat it on my lap, and just felt it up like a blind man, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats dope kid...all you really need to sample CDs though is a stereo with outputs, even a headphone out will work....dont go buying stuff for no reason...you know?

Thats dope kid...all you really need to sample CDs though is a stereo with outputs, even a headphone out will work....dont go buying stuff for no reason...you know?

One of the stereos in my house play throughout the entire house and the other stereo plays outside in my backyard and up by my pool, I don't really want to tinker with those lol. I've heard about people hooking up CD players to their Mpcs though, but I also heard that you need to buy a wire that is extremely hard to find and I have only found it on Musiciansfriend.com.

I'm trying to record samples from my CD player and I don't know where the sample recorder is in the menu.

That's what I did, but I don't think I have the right cables.

if you want to sample from your cd player, run a stereo cord from the headphone jack of the cd player, to one of the mono inputs in the back of your MPC. Then hold down "shift" on your MPC and then press 4. What ever imput you plugged the cord into, select that input on the MPC sample screen. Play your CD player and sound should come through.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

as far as what SCSI drive, i would suggest to get this one ... also check out the website MPCstuff.com ... they have alot of different accessories on there for all of the MPCs. i really hope that this helps.

if you want to sample from your cd player, run a stereo cord from the headphone jack of the cd player, to one of the mono inputs in the back of your MPC.

You'll need this kind of a cable:
138149.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

And like fremisbeatz said, READ YOUR MANUAL. It should be your favorite book from now on.

Last edited:
the only thing an mpc gots is note repeat an the famous groove which u can find now everywhere , i think the whole purpose of buyin an mpc is the majority of your prodduction is going to be in the mpc no cpu nothing else , i dont see what the big hype is with mpc , alchemist doesnt sound like 9th wonder an both use an 2500 so if u want a specific sound or you think that this well settled your problem i dont think its your hardware i think its you , the machine doesnt bang out beats you doo , , even guys that invest in nekos an still aint doing anything , i hear abstrakt knockin out hits with fl studio an other dope beat makers on here aswell even reason users that have heat too .its all in your head, its your lack of creativity , dont let creativity an technology infringe on your capabilities you limit your self . dont take this as a negative use as a positive -peace-THE TRUTH

Last edited:
the only thing an mpc gots is note repeat an the famous groove which u can find now everywhere , i think the whole purpose of buyin an mpc is the majority of your prodduction is going to be in the mpc no cpu nothing else , i dont see what the big hype is with mpc , alchemist doesnt sound like 9th wonder an both use an 2500 so if u want a specific sound or you think that this well settled your problem i dont think its your hardware i think its you , the machine doesnt bang out beats you doo , , even guys that invest in nekos an still aint doing anything , i hear abstrakt knockin out hits with fl studio an other dope beat makers on here aswell even reason users that have heat too .its all in your head, its your lack of creativity , dont let creativity an technology infringe on your capabilities you limit your self . dont take this as a negative use as a positive -peace-THE TRUTH

First of all, I never mentioned anything about having an Mpc to "make my beats sound better", all I asked was how to sample from a CD player or external SCSI CD drive. I have no "problem" as you stated, I bought the Mpc to expand my knowledge of using different equipment, especially hardware. I use FL Studio 9 and I have an MPD24 and an Axiom 25, which I use all the time. What producer do you know who can settle with using just one or two pieces of equipment for the rest of his life? No one.

And for the others, I do read the manual, I have it saved on to my laptop and I've been reading it since I picked up my Mpc from the Post Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I never mentioned anything about having an Mpc to "make my beats sound better", all I asked was how to sample from a CD player or external SCSI CD drive. I have no "problem" as you stated, I bought the Mpc to expand my knowledge of using different equipment, especially hardware. I use FL Studio 9 and I have an MPD24 and an Axiom 25, which I use all the time. What producer do you know who can settle with using just one or two pieces of equipment for the rest of his life? No one.

And for the others, I do read the manual, I have it saved on to my laptop and I've been reading it since I picked up my Mpc from the Post Office.
ull love the freedom the MP will give you...I started with Fl and then went to the MP...at first i wanted to shoot this thing in the LCd screen lol but after I got the hang of it I dont think ill ever seq. in FL again...cept for now rather im using 9 cause my 2000 broke after it fell down the stairs. word of advice...anything u can do on Fl u can do on the MPC as far as seq. goes. also...u can take off the quantize and do it human style...as far as editing and mixing goes just track everything out into ur DAW. ull love the Mps sequencer

ull love the freedom the MP will give you...I started with Fl and then went to the MP...at first i wanted to shoot this thing in the LCd screen lol but after I got the hang of it I dont think ill ever seq. in FL again...cept for now rather im using 9 cause my 2000 broke after it fell down the stairs. word of advice...anything u can do on Fl u can do on the MPC as far as seq. goes. also...u can take off the quantize and do it human style...as far as editing and mixing goes just track everything out into ur DAW. ull love the Mps sequencer

Lol, it's complicating right now, but that's what's appealing to me. I love learning complex things.

Back