J Dilla Fans Enter

If Dilla was still alive, there wouldnt be such a hype!

Dont get me wrong, I love him as a musician. But I hate these little kids glorifying him like theres no other (maybe even better) beatmaker.

What about Marley Marl? Bombsquad? Pete Rock? RZA? Nick Wiz? Muggs? Madlib?

(I dont make myself very popular with this first post, I guess)

If Dilla was still alive, there wouldnt be such a hype!

Dont get me wrong, I love him as a musician. But I hate these little kids glorifying him like theres no other (maybe even better) beatmaker.

What about Marley Marl? Bombsquad? Pete Rock? RZA? Nick Wiz? Muggs? Madlib?

(I dont make myself very popular with this first post, I guess)

Gonna put your knowledge out there like that? There's a reason why people say Pete was the GOAT before Jay came in and ****ed the game up. Even Pete says that Jay surpassed him... said it when he was alive. Nobody's output was ****ing with Jays. Nobody's. Nobody was ****ing with Jay with finding the pocket.. he was king of that shit. Nobody was ****ing with Jay on flipping samples (have you even watched ONE of these videos?). Nobody was ****ing with Jay on translating records into beats. Jay came in and exceeded his predecessors. Q-Tip says he's the goat. Pete Rock says he's the goat. ?uestlove says he's the goat. Why do they say this? Do they have some sort of vested interest in his estate? No... they say he is the goat because he is the goat. What kind of person says that all three of those guys are liars?

Last edited:
What are trying to accomplish?
gtfo.gif

Last edited:
lol nothing. Im not trying to offend you or anyone else. Just accept my opinion as well as I accept yours. Speaking my mind, I thought this is what a forum was made for?

Last edited:
God bless for these posts man keep em coming. Everytime I spin a sample I've heard used, I feel like I'm building connections to understanding why I loved this art so much in the first place. Vinyl brought a whole new perspective to my life.

---------- Post added 01-07-2013 at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-17-2012 at 08:19 AM ----------

Back