interpolating a sample

biggiestickz

im not exactly sure what this is, ive looked around the web to get a basic definition but havent come across anything really helpful
but like i was looking at stuff for the first blueprint cd and it would say that the song "the takeover" has an interpolation of "fame" by david bowie but all i can hear is the doors sample and the little KRS-one line kanye threw in at the end of the chorus "watch out! we run new york" but i cant hear anything about the david bowie sample so because of that i cant come to my own definition of interpolating means so im hoping you guys could give a brief little description of what it is and all that junk
thanks in advance

I think it is a mixture of interpretation (in terms of the notes, rather than a recording) and sonic polarisation.

As in, not sampling. That's probably all you need to know.

"Interpolating" means recreating a sample from scratch in the recording studio. It's generally cheaper to clear since you only need a license from the composition owner rather than from the sound recording owner and composition owner if you were clearing a sample.

i think interpolating means saying something said in the older record

"Interpolating" means recreating a sample from scratch in the recording studio. It's generally cheaper to clear since you only need a license from the composition owner rather than from the sound recording owner and composition owner if you were clearing a sample.

Thanx for clearing it up.

ohhhhhhhhh alright that makes sense, i just figured that was still sampling just recreating the sample
but whats the interpolation of "fame" by david bowie in the song "the takeover" by jay-z?

Back