instrument samples - percussion

belizeño

anyone know where i could get a good collection of percussion samples?

looking for the followiung instruments:
guiro, maracas, shakers, congos, bongos, timbales, acoustic drums (kicks, snares, his), cymbals,nayabinghi, scrapers, jumbey (or any african hand drum at that), clavs, trianlges, shakas, etc.

Thanks a lot

dont have an LP player

:cry:

edit: but there some nice shyt to sample, i like the afro-cuban jazz esemble and some others...

nice

Last edited:
Oh, okay. The only other things I have are sample tools CDs but they're just self-made ones I've done off LP. It's annoying that I can't send WAV files. My internet connection's too slow to send large amounts of music.

Xabiton said:
get a turntable get vinyl get to choppin

u would be surprised how hard it is to get one when only 250,000 pple live in youre entire country.. lol. but yeah, i'll check out the prices and c if its an option. Been a long time since i wanted one

belizeño said:

u would be surprised how hard it is to get one when only 250,000 pple live in youre entire country.. lol. but yeah, i'll check out the prices and c if its an option. Been a long time since i wanted one
most people consider turntables vintage gear im pretty sure u could get an older one without too many problems

belizeño said:

Not having a huge turntable market is your penance for getting to live somewhere as naturally beautiful as Belize!

You could probably get a cheap Turntable off eBay, if you just want something to record samples from.

A lot of the entry-level turntables are pretty light, so the postage won't be THAT bad if you get one posted from a neighbouring region. Just make sure it has the same voltage requirements and cabling that you use where you are, and it has a tone-arm which can accept the most readily-available headshell/cartridge/needle combinations.

Far from vintage equipment, the turntable experienced a resurgance in mainstream popularity here a few years ago. During the heyday of the bedroom dj craze, they were pumping out new turntables at comparable rates to things like electric guitars. They are readily available here, but most resellers charge completely fvcked prices, way above what people in places like the U.S. would pay.

thanks guys,

yeah i'm putting my bet on ebay, most music around here is either traditional or live music. We (Belizean entertainment) are probably the first to start this rap/dancehall thing here so its quite hard to get dem things here

peace

every, thanks for sayin that bout mi nation, appreciate

Back