Illegal to sell sample Instrumental using (less popular artist)

You could if you are caught. If they are less popular then it may be more difficult to get caught. You are suppose to clear the samples before selling them, but that's not very easy, or cheap, to do. If you make the samples hard to recognize, then you may have a better shot. I use lots of samples in songs and I sell lots of beats and EPs, but most of mine are either royalty free or unrecognizable. My advice is to keep doing what you do until it becomes an issue.

You could if you are caught. If they are less popular then it may be more difficult to get caught. You are suppose to clear the samples before selling them, but that's not very easy, or cheap, to do. If you make the samples hard to recognize, then you may have a better shot. I use lots of samples in songs and I sell lots of beats and EPs, but most of mine are either royalty free or unrecognizable. My advice is to keep doing what you do until it becomes an issue.
Thanks for the advice how do you make your samples even less recognizable?

To you live in the US? When yes and you sample Stuff from Musicans from maybe Japan, Europe or South America i think there is little risk that you get Lawsuit on your ass. It must be a Massiv Hit Worldwide that someone maybe recgonize that you "stole" his music (expect Superstars like Elton John, The Beatles and other Big names from Europe etc.. of course)
And often Musicans don't have copyright in the US even for the own Music, because it was never planned that they release something there.

Thanks for the advice how do you make your samples even less recognizable?

Well I produce a lot of glitch music, so I chop the **** out of samples or I crush and modulate it into crazy sounds. But usually chopping it up creatively, reversing it, or screwing the pitch could help.

Back