I need those High hats....

iLListSnig

Does anyone have the high hats or any high hats that sound like Q-Tips "Vibrant Thing"? I need those exact high hats in order for me to make this track that I've been thinking of...If anybody could help me out, that would be much appreciated.

i cant get those exact hihats but could you sample them??

nah cant sample those....

wait, maybe i can....lemme try.....cuz there are a couple quiet parts in the song where the high hat is still runnin

Last edited:
Try starting a hat that sounds similar & loop the center portion and give it the right envelope - the sound is pretty 'flat'. Hit the first one and pitch bend it up a bit. Take the next one and pitch bend it down a bit - if your sampler has a pitch envelope, all the easier.

As for where to get the original sample - I'm not sure... old Jazz tracks? I don't have a lot of Jazz, but I think you could find the sound you want -somewhere- on Kind of Blue (Miles Davis). Now that I think about it - it sounds kinda like a ride cymbal with OHH dynamics...

I guess you could get the same kinda effect with a tempo-locked effect (mild phaser/flanger?

or you could just sample Kool & The Gang's "N.T."
any other questions?

- you may need to eq them a lil bit.

no - thats "breathe & Stop"

vibrant thing is Love Unlimited Orchestra - I Wanna Stay

Last edited:
those hats are sampled from another song. I can't remember the name of it honestly, but i heard them before on the original record.

if you've got or know someone with recydle might be a good way of getting the hi hats out of the track.

Back