I need some help with sampling

krazyk

Money Over All
I usuall don't sample because I'm not that good at it. Usually I just sample songs that have a clean loop and hook. I hear other stuff and you can't even tell it's been sampled. Any advice on how flip, chop, eq samples,etc?....any advice

Just chop before each kick/snare experiment with your chops until you find your way(what is the best for you) how to chop them.

Eff that ....just chop ish lol.....fuk the bullshyt lol....chop it 7 times if u have too.....like my boy dibiase says just "get funky with it" lol

if you use fl studio just throw a nice break with not too much kicks and snares into fl slicer and play with the notes on your keyboard for a melody, lay some drums and a little eq and boom

if you use fl studio just throw a nice break with not too much kicks and snares into fl slicer and play with the notes on your keyboard for a melody, lay some drums and a little eq and boom

not to clown you man but you know the definition of a break isnt the part of a song where there are no drums, right? It's actually the opposite. a Break is when its just drums i.e. "drumbreak"

i use the edison to shop on the downbeat then load those slices into the fpc. Make sure all the pads are "cut" 1 and "cut by" 1 then bang out a melody with the slices. Then get to the drums.

Last edited:
not to clown you man but you know the definition of a break isnt the part of a song where there are no drums, right? It's actually the opposite. a Break is when its just drums i.e. "drumbreak"

i use the edison to shop on the downbeat then load those slices into the fpc. Make sure all the pads are "cut" 1 and "cut by" 1 then bang out a melody with the slices. Then get to the drums.
What does "cut" 1 and "cut by" 1 means?

if i were you, id listen to some sample based producers...listen to the actual beat then listen to the sample..see how they flipped it then see what u like...form a basis of that nd then apply it...its gonna take a while but itll be worth it

Its not long but its a preview. Im getting better kind of.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rtw6cMMOAQs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rtw6cMMOAQs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back